Donald Walsh was initially charged with domestic battery and aggravated domestic battery in July after Mokena police arrested him for allegedly beating his ex-girlfriend at her home. This week, a Will County grand jury indicted Walsh on a residential burglary charge, for which he was arraigned on Friday.
In a telephone message to parents, Principal Erin Utesch said the student showed the gun to other students, but did not threaten or use the pistol.
Registration for this year’s Bank of America Chicago Marathon remains suspended through late next week.
The head basketball coaches from Simeon and Morgan Park High schools have been suspended because of their behavior at a basketball game last week that ended in a scuffle between the two teams at the handshake line.
Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez has suspended two prosecutors for failing to approve criminal charges against a man who had threatened to set his kids on fire after filling a bathtub with gasoline – then actually set them on fire three months later.
A male math teacher at Rich East High School has been put on paid leave and is facing further disciplinary action for allegedly having inappropriate contact with a student, officials said Thursday.
Service on the South Shore commuter train line was temporarily suspended east of Hammond on Wednesday evening, due to damage to the overhead wires that power the trains.
Police are using an unusual tactic to try to force a Mokena woman to tell a police commission how her cop ex-boyfriend hit, head-butted and choked her this past summer.
Notre Dame has suspended starting tailback Cierre Wood two games for violating team rules.
Lollapalooza will close a half hour later than usual at 10:30 p.m. due to severe thunderstorms that passed through the Chicago area, which caused concert promoters to suspend the event.
Operations at Terminal 2 at O’Hare International Airport were returning to normal Thursday afternoon, after a suspicious package forced authorities to shut down the terminal’s security checkpoints.
Due to staffing shortages, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office has announced that full autopsies will no longer be performed in certain cases in which drugs or alcohol might have led to a person’s death.
Chicago’s top cop is weighing in on that savage hit taken by Blackhawks star Marian Hossa.
It turns out the man who walked off after his pit bull mauled a tiny dog to death was a Chicago Police officer. That officer has been ticketed and relieved of his police powers while the department investigates his actions.
Grayslake’s police chief has been stripped of his duties while he deals with a drunk driving arrest.
A white teacher at the predominantly African-American Murray Language Academy in the Hyde Park neighborhood has filed a federal lawsuit, after he was suspended for five days for using the N-word in class.
Blackhawks winger Daniel Carcillo has been suspended seven games by the NHL for his hit from behind on the Edmonton Oilers’ Tom Gilbert in Monday night’s loss.
College Illinois – a program aiming to give parents a chance to pay today’s tuition rates for their children to attend college later – is taking a break from accepting new participants.
A downstate teacher has been suspended for showing segments of Jon Stewart’s “The Daily Show” in class that parents found objectionable.
The Illinois Supreme Court has suspended former Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s law license “until further notice.”
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!