Lowell High School graduate Delaina Trusty claimed she was wrongly punished for her use of Twitter while she was away from school.
Major League Soccer’s disciplinary committee has suspended Chicago Fire forward Guillermo Franco for an additional game and fined him an undisclosed amount for endangering the safety of an opponent.
Twenty students at Glenbard South High School in west suburban Glen Ellyn won’t be participating in part of the athletic seasons, after photos surfaced on Facebook showing them at an underage drinking party.
A published report says the Phoenix Coyotes’ Raffi Torres could see his suspension reduced, more than two months after he delivered a hit on the Blackhawks’ Marian Hossa that left the winger out for the rest of the teams’ playoff series.
A south suburban family thinks administrators at Homewood-Flossmoor High school went overboard in punishing an honors student.
A junior high school student from Glen Ellyn is suspended, and could be expelled, after bringing chocolate milk spiked with alcohol to school.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is cracking down on city workers who haven’t paid their old parking tickets and other debts.
Deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich has suffered another indignity. A move is now afoot to suspend his license to practice law.
The Illinois Department of Transportation has suspended one of its top officials after he was ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt.
In Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals, Aaron Rome delivered a late hit to Boston Bruins forward Nathan Horton. The hit resulted in Horton losing consciousness and had to be taken off the ice on a stretcher.
A New Trier High School student has lost his bid to march in his graduation ceremony, despite getting in serious trouble for printing porn from a school computer.
Three weeks of silence were broken on Sunday when Father Michael Pfleger returned to the pulpit at Saint Sabina on his birthday, full of energy and with an apology to his congregation for the public ordeal that stemmed from his dispute with Francis Cardinal George.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger says if he cannot preach at St. Sabina Church, he will start preaching elsewhere.
The $142,464-a-year deputy Streets and Sanitation commissioner who presides over Chicago’s Snow Command has been slapped with a 25-day suspension for allegedly using city employees to perform his personal errands on city time
A deputy commissioner at the Department of Streets and Sanitation has been suspended for having his underlings run errands for him, but gets to keep his job, according to a report today.
Mayor Richard M. Daley won’t say anything about the differences between the Rev. Michael Pfleger and Francis Cardinal George, but he praises the suspended priest.
Former Chicago Cubs, and current Seattle Mariners outfielder Milton Bradley will be fined and will also have to serve a one-game suspension after he was ejected from a game last weekend in Boston.
Braves pitching coach Roger McDowell was suspended for two weeks without pay Sunday by Major League Baseball for inappropriate comments and gestures he made toward fans before a game in San Francisco.
Cardinal Francis George on Friday defended his suspension of Father Michael Pfleger, saying it is his job to deal with priests in crisis. CBS 2′s Roseann Tellez reports.
Ozzie Guillen has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount by Major League Baseball for posting two messages to his Twitter page after being ejected from a game.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.376
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.696
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!