For the second day in a row, Michigan Avenue was shut down near the bridge over the Chicago River, as police investigated a suspicious device.
A bomb scare at O’Hare’s Terminal 3 Monday afternoon has delayed a flight to the East Coast.
A suspicious package prompted authorities to shut down the parking lot at the Kane County Judicial Center Wednesday morning, but it turned out to be only a DVD, a video game and a calculator.
Workers poured out of the Daley Center courthouse and office building Wednesday when a suspicious package was found nearby outside the County Building.
The Israeli Consul General in Chicago says the consulate in the Ogilvie Transportation Center is expected to reopen Tuesday morning, a day after being evacuated because of a suspicious envelope.
The Israeli consulate in downtown Chicago was evacuated Monday afternoon after a worker opened a package containing a suspicious white powder.
Officials investigated a report of a suspicious package aboard a CTA bus that was also leaking fuel Monday afternoon in the Loop. The package turned out to contain corn starch.
Lake Zurich High School was put on lockdown for a few hours this morning after a suspicious package was found.
A suspicious package halted the busy Metra Electric Line in the Hyde Park neighborhood late Friday morning.
The Forest Park branch of the Blue Line was shut down along its westernmost stretch Friday morning, for a report of a suspicious package that turned out to be a false alarm.
Service on the CTA’S Blue Line was disrupted for more than an hour as police investigated a report of a suspicious package in the Northwest Side Logan Square neighborhood Wednesday evening.
The Blue line subway stop at Jackson Boulevard, and the pedestrian tunnel that connects to the Red Line, have reopened Wednesday afternoon, more than two hours after they were closed due to a suspicious package.
An 18-year-old Lincoln Park resident accused of causing an evacuation at Millennium Park Saturday evening told WBBM Newsradio 780 that he was taking part in a “costume play” and that it was all a misunderstanding.
Chicago police took three subjects in custody and said a suspicious object found near the iconic “Bean” sculpture was part of a “role-playing event.”
Michigan Avenue downtown was busy and bustling as usual in the midday hours, but a suspicious package shut the road down in the wee hours when a suspicious package was discovered.
The FBI is leading the investigation into a threatening letter filled with white powder opened Monday at the Second District Appellate Court building in Elgin.
An investigation is underway in Elgin after a suspicious substance was mailed to a court building.
The situation is back to normal a day later, but right across from the Dirksen Federal Building downtown Wednesday, a building was evacuated for more than four hours due to a suspicious package.
Three floors of a Loop building have been evacuated — and traffic is being diverted — as police investigate a “suspicious” package Wednesday afternoon.
CTA Red Line trains were rerouted out of the subway this morning, after a suspicious package was reportedly found tied to the tracks. Service is now back to normal.
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.98
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!