Everyone longs for summer, barbecues, and cookouts. Whatever your specialty, there are grilling gadgets galore to make the job easier and even more fun.
Volunteers from Chicago Cares and Target spent the day at Sexton Elementary School on the South Side.
Time finally ran out for shoppers scrambling to buy last-minute Christmas gifts.
Some of the biggest stores have started offering shoppers something new this holiday season to help them “Survive This Economy.” Many major retailers have offered price matching, including for online competitors.
Target has broken ground for a new store in the heart of what used to be Cabrini-Green–and promising 200 new jobs after the store opens a year from now.
It’s September; not even fall yet, let alone Halloween or Thanksgiving, yet some stores already talking about hiring for the holiday shopping season.
How can back-to-school sales benefit you? Let me count the ways! Just because you might not have a child or a kid heading off to college doesn’t mean you can’t take advantage of all the great deals that are out there.
With the right clothing, men can look good at any age. Here are some fashion tips to help dad spruce up the wardrobe.
If you have a sick child, you expect the prescription medicine to have the proper directions about how much medication to give, right? An Elgin mother recently began to give her sick daughter her medicine, and then discovered a mistake that could have caused her to give her child an overdose.
Now that you’ve tossed out or donated your junk that was taking up your living space, it’s time to organize what’s left. It might be closet space, the garage, the basement, or your child’s play room. Whatever area it is, it’s important that things have a designated spot, because it helps reduce the clutter from building up again.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… after holiday sales have begun! Starting the day after Christmas, you can find that most stores holiday merchandise has marked down to nearly 50% off the original pricing…
It’s that time of the year again, early birds! Grab a cup of coffee, set the alarm and make a list. This year, you might not even need to go to bed at all. With many retailers staying open on Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday is starting earlier than ever. Some retailers are offering deals starting Thursday evening or even earlier online.
The deep discounts of Black Friday sales attract thousands of sometimes aggressive shoppers, but one retail chain is targeting safety concerns. Managers at Target are asking shoppers to put on the brakes.
A pre-holiday sting in Cook County targeting professional shoplifters in three locations has culminated in 59 arrests.
‘Tis the season of holiday parties. As excited as I am to sip cocktails and devour appetizers, I’m even more wound-up about getting dolled up. Here are some ideas on what (and what not) to wear to your holiday office party.
With holiday shopping heating up, more stores are promoting price matching policies. It sounds like an easy deal, but it’s more difficult than it seems.
Fourteen million Americans are still looking for jobs – more than 423,000 in the Chicago area alone. But there’s hope on the horizon. Retailers are beginning to hang out the “for hire” signs for seasonal jobs for the holiday season.
A look back at the September 11th attacks includes a look up in Chicago to the Willis Tower. The Chicago icon was among those eventually named as a potential terror target.
Deciding on a school outfit is a tough decision. This is how to look like a million bucks while spending a lot less.
A red bullseye might soon grace the historic Louis Sullivan building on State Street that once housed the Carson Pirie Scott flagship store.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!