Taste of Chicago
The Taste of Chicago restaurant lineup is out for this year, and there are some new offerings on the menu.
Warm-weather food events make sense when one can sample an array of Midwestern masterpieces all in one fell swoop.
The Taste Of Chicago is rolling in a new offering this summer.
Five aldermen led by the 2nd Ward’s Robert Fioretti point out that the Taste Of Chicago’s attendance has been dropping and lost more than $1 million last year and hasn’t been profitable since 2008.
Grammy-winning pop group fun. will headline this year’s Taste of Chicago concerts.
After watching the Taste of Chicago lose $1.3 million last summer, despite significantly scaling back the festival to cut costs, Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Wednesday he’s asked his team at the Department of Cultural Affairs to come up with more changes for the Taste this year.
The Taste of Chicago next year will be only five days, and will again feature reserved seats and specially-prepared food for an extra price, according to published reports.
Jennifer Hudson recently befriended the victim of another horrendous crime, according to a report Tuesday.
Thousands streamed into Grant Park for the final day of this year’s Taste of Chicago on Sunday, and the festival’s manager said she’s confident changes this year — including a shorter schedule, but new attractions — have made it a success.
A long line of adventurous connoisseurs gathered at Captain Dirk’s free fish giveaway at the Taste of Chicago Thursday, to take a bite of the invasive and infamous Asian carp.
Chicago’s 32nd edition of Taste of Chicago opened with diminutive Ald. Walter Burnett (27th) pronouncing it: “Shorter, but better, just like myself.”
A picture perfect summer afternoon is in store Wednesday, with just the right weather for enjoying the first day of the Taste of Chicago.
The Taste of Chicago will open for business on Wednesday, a somewhat spicier business than in the past, if also smaller than Chicagoans and tourists are used to.
You know them as the invasive species trying to enter Lake Michigan, but one Taste of Chicago booth could get you to think differently about Asian Carp.
Sales of Taste of Chicago concert tickets continue to be lackluster.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Police Supt. Garry McCarthy defended their anti-violence strategies on Monday, in the wake of another weekend that saw at least 20 people shot, and criticism from some aldermen who have seen spikes in homicides in their wards.
Taste of Chicago opens on Wednesday, and Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy says he’s putting “adequate resources” on the streets to keep them safe during the festival.
Move over San Francisco and watch out New York — Chicago is now the second best city in the U.S. and Canada, according to Travel+Leisure magazine.
The deadline is fast approaching for people who want a reserved seat for concerts at the Taste of Chicago, less than a week away.
Some people relish them, others mock them, but the Taste of Chicago just wouldn’t be the Taste of Chicago, without them, right?
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!