Taste of Chicago
It’s the season for big-ticket concerts and weekend-long lineups with multi-day passes priced in the hundreds. Luckily, for us cheapskates, summer’s also the season for live music events of the free variety. One of the perks of big city life is there’s plenty of free entertainment, and you don’t have to look too hard to find it. The hefty schedule of outdoor festivals downtown and in the neighborhoods add up nicely to a summer’s worth of live jams on the cheap, and there’s something for every taste. Here are my personal picks for the top local freebie shows for Summer 2012.
Groupon will be the exclusive ticketing agent for concerts and the new sit-down dinners at this year’s Taste of Chicago.
A couple of Chicago’s home girls will headline this year’s truncated music lineup for the Taste of Chicago.
The lineup is out for the musical acts at this year’s Taste of Chicago.
Attendees at this year’s Taste of Chicago can eat like a king or queen–if they’re willing to pay more for it.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has introduced a measure that would mean a major change in the music and entertainment at the city’s annual Taste of Chicago summer festival.
The city has extended the deadline for restaurants to apply for spots at the new, scaled-down Taste of Chicago – in hopes of drawing more interest.
Restaurants at this year’s Taste of Chicago will have half the time to sell food, but must pay even more to the City of Chicago for the privilege.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is defending his administration’s decision to cut the Taste of Chicago summer food festival in half.
The Taste of Chicago will move to mid-July next year and will only run for five days, while the Gospel Festival will return with a new home in the Bronzeville neighborhood.
The Chicago Gospel Festival will return as a standalone event next year, but it won’t be in Grant or Millennium Park.
The Taste of Chicago this summer left a sour taste with some of the festival’s food vendors.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson sees the upside to low attendance at this year’s Taste of Chicago.
From a security standpoint, this year’s Taste of Chicago was a rousing success. From a sales and attendance standpoint, it was a flop.
The streets around Grant Park are open again today after crews finished cleaning up from the 10-day Taste of Chicago.
This year’s Taste of Chicago wrapped up Sunday evening and the Chicago Park District, which was running the scaled-down festival for the first time, described this year as a big success.
This year’s Taste of Chicago is at its halfway point — and its manager is pleased. Taste is selling “less” as “more,” and Manager Mary Slowik said Tuesday night that it appears to be working.
One of the most famous events that Chicago puts on every year is the Taste of Chicago. Millions flock to taste the food that makes Chicago famous. However, this summer, if you’re looking to expand your horizons past Polish sausages, deep dish pizza and delicious Rainbow Cones, then check out these restaurant booths for the best of exotic food.
Everything you need to know about the 2011 Taste Of Chicago!
Taste of Chicago 2011 is up and running, with a smorgasbord of offerings from the city’s favorite restaurants – and a big sandbox too.
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.125
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!