Shh. Don’t breathe a word. Be quiet about unemployment in Illinois, about 750 workers being fired by Motorola Mobility.
About 1,500 protesters slowly marched from the Thompson Center to the Chicago Board of Trade on Wednesday, calling for the company that runs the financial exchange to give back millions in state tax breaks.
CHICAGO (CBS) – Imagine, tonight, just try to imagine the corporations in Illinois that are planning to join the Sears and the Chicago Mercantile blackmail team, thinking: “Now, it’s OUR turn. Give us a tax […]
The CME Group and Sears could be closer to deciding whether they will stay in Illinois, after two key tax votes in Springfield Monday.
Northfield-based Kraft Foods reportedly the latest company looking for a incentives from the State of Illinois.
The Illinois General Assembly begins the second round of its fall veto session Tuesday, and Gov. Pat Quinn is hoping tax relief is among the things on the agenda.
Illinois lawmakers are on their way to giving the CME Group big tax breaks to stay put.
A protest rally in northwest suburban Algonquin drew some 3,000 people, who said continued tax breaks for Sears would be lost revenue for schools in the area.
Chicago city leaders say with a budget deficit over $700 million, the city may no longer be able to afford to give out big tax breaks to one popular entertainment attraction.
The state is offering the company $29 million in tax incentives over 10 years, an investment Gov. Pat Quinn’s office credits for “helping save at least 1,200 jobs.”
Mayor Richard M. Daley is proposing a lucrative property tax break to make way for the second Costco store within the Chicago city limits.
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.314
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!