Before adjourning the spring session and leaving Springfield last week, Illinois lawmakers sent Gov. Quinn a bill that would require the state to reveal the details publicly on corporate tax breaks.
The stores to be shuttered are a Sears in Alton, a Sears Grand/Essentials in McHenry and three K-Marts — in Oak Lawn, Zion and Peru.
Legislation aimed at helping poor Illinois families keep more of what they earn was signed into law Tuesday, a month after Gov. Pat Quinn signed companion legislation granting tax breaks and incentives aimed at keeping two big employers in the state.
Illinois is better at giving away tax breaks than at drawing good jobs as a result, according to a new national report.
The state Senate has approved a package of tax breaks designed to keep retail giant Sears and Chicago’s main financial exchanges from leaving the state.
The Illinois House has approved a package of tax breaks designed to keep retail giant Sears and the Chicago-based financial exchanges
Illinois lawmakers will try again to pass a measure aimed at keeping two of the state’s largest companies from jumping ship.
Governor Pat Quinn says he’s confident Sears will stay in Illinois but won’t get into a bidding war to keep the retailer in the Chicago suburbs.
Sears Holdings Corp. says it is disappointed after the Illinois House of Representatives voted down legislation that would have provided tax breaks to keep the retailer, as well as the CME Group, in the state.
Illinois lawmakers went home Tuesday night after hitting an impasse over a $250 million package of tax relief designed to keep several high-profile companies from leaving the state.
Illinois lawmakers return to Springfield today to finish the fall veto session.
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (CBS) — Tax breaks for a few big businesses could get a vote in the Illinois General Assembly after Thanksgiving. As WBBM Newsradio’s Dave Dahl reports, lawmakers will return on Nov. 29, after […]
Unfinished business is bringing Illinois lawmakers back to Springfield after Thanksgiving.
It was a “split decision” in the state capitol for Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel during the General Assembly’s veto session.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is learning a lesson in power politics from the Illinois General Assembly – that he cannot always get what he wants. Not everything, anyway.
Hear ye, hear ye, the Illinois General Assembly is back at work for the people of Illinois and it’s not doing very well.
A northwest suburban school superintendent is trying to keep Sears headquarters in his district with a more evenhanded approach than hundreds of protestors who don’t care if Sears stays or goes.
About “Occupy Chicago” 100 protesters marched on the offices of Mayor Rahm Emanuel and legislative leaders downtown Tuesday.
Staff, parents and students from School District 300 in the northwestern suburbs were headed to Springfield on Monday to tell lawmakers they oppose extending existing tax incentives to keep Sears headquarters in Hoffman Estates.
The Cook County Assessor’s office is mailing out notices to over 300,000 elderly homeowners.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!