CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson praises Mayor Emanuel’s idea to aim for the pocketbooks of people who haven’t paid their traffic tickets.
A former Crystal Lake man has been charged in a pending federal case alleging he and another man allegedly engaged in a Ponzi scheme that defrauded about 400 investors out of $105 million.
The village president of Channahon has admitted to failing to file federal income tax returns for four years.
A judge has barred a suburban Chicago tax preparer convicted last year of falsifying tax returns from ever again filing anyone else’s federal returns.
A Barbados national who has lived in several U.S. cities was arraigned in federal court in Chicago on charges alleging he fraudulently obtained federal income tax refunds by filing hundreds of bogus tax returns.
With just one week to go until the deadline, the Internal Revenue Service is still waiting for about a third of Illinois taxpayers to file their returns.
Two commercial tax preparers operating from the West Englewood neighborhood have been charged with submitting more than 20 false returns.
Mayoral candidate Carol Moseley Braun released her tax returns for 2008 and 2009 Tuesday afternoon, a day after creating a small firestorm for refusing to do so because she didn’t “want to.”
In the race for Chicago mayor, the Chicago Tribune reports contender Gery Chico has released three years of income tax returns.
When Rahm Emanuel originally filed his 2009 Illinois tax return, he indicated he was only a “part-year resident’’ of the state that year, since he had moved to Washington D.C. to serve as President Obama’s chief of staff.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!