WBBM Newsradio Political Editor Craig Dellimore reports the higher taxes would mean some motorists would pay more to park at Chicago garages, while some would end up paying less.
It’s hard to think there’s anything funny about taxes when you’re under a mountain of paperwork, but CBS News contributor and analyst Mellody Hobson has a little comic relief for taxpayers.
It’s time to talk taxes: 1099 forms have gone out and you should be organizing your paperwork and getting ready to pay the taxman.
The odds of an audit can increase substantially depending on your income, types of income, deduction amount and changes you have made since filing your last tax return.
A jury has found William Beavers guilty in his tax corruption trial.
Most tax filers are getting a refund after they file their 2012 return. With the average refund running about $3,000, a lot of people will be thinking about what to do with the extra cash.
The Internal Revenue Service has a message for taxpayers eager to learn the status of their tax refund: Please don’t check the IRS website every five minutes — once a day is enough.
The IRS expects that 75 percent of all 2012 returns will be entitled to a refund, so if you haven’t started preparing your taxes yet, do it: There’s no reason to wait for April 15 to roll around to get that money back from Uncle Sam.
If you’re preparing your own taxes you should definitely do what the professionals do: use tax preparation software.
The IRS expects 75 percent of all 2012 returns will get a refund, so if you haven’t started preparing your taxes yet, do it.
There are lots of websites and software available, but you may not have thought of smartphone apps for doing your taxes.
For easy filing this year download all your Federal Tax Forms from our one-stop shop.
Cook County gun owners have dodged a bullet, as County Board President Tony Preckwinkle has dropped her plan to impose a new ammunition tax to help balance the budget.
A group of Lincoln Park business owners is calling on state lawmakers to take a second look at a controversial 30-year old city tax levied on thousands of restaurants in and near downtown.
The legislature’s failure to pass reform legislation this week means every property owner will continue to pay for it. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
Experts on both sides of a proposal to impose an extra tax on soft drinks and other sugary beverages poured out their arguments for the City Council’s Health Committee on Tuesday.
Barry R. Steiner, a Chicago based CPA and former IRS Agent, brings you one new tax tip each week! This week’s subject: Look over your tax situation during the year…
Barry R. Steiner, a Chicago based CPA and former IRS Agent, brings you one new tax tip each week! This week’s subject: monitor your withholding.
Barry R. Steiner, a Chicago based CPA and former IRS Agent, brings you one new tax tip each week! This week’s subject: think about your salary
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!