TCF Bank Stadium
The Minnesota Vikings and the University of Minnesota have reached preliminary agreement on the Vikings’ use of TCF Bank Stadium during construction of a new Vikings stadium.
Say they don’t win another game. Say the Bears lose to the Jets, lose to the Packers and lose in the first round of the NFC Playoffs. (I’m not saying they will, mind you. Not at all.) Would you still declare Chicago’s 2010 NFL season a success?
Vikings’ punter Chris Kluwe – never one to avoid offering a thought – called tonight’s TCF Bank Stadium surface “unplayable” after yesterday’s walk-through.
There has been concern over the field at TCF Bank Stadium being safe enough to play and it has been said a few times that it will be. However, some of the Vikings’ players have expressed concern, even describing the field as being as hard as concrete. LISTEN: LOVIE SMITH INTERVIEW
The last time I checked, the Chicago Bears play their home games outdoors in Soldier Field. The home of the Bears has long been known to be one of the most unforgiving stadiums in the National Football League in terms of inclement weather.
A University of Minnesota official says the playing field at TCF Bank Stadium is fairly soft despite frigid temperatures and he’s confident it will be ready for Monday night’s Chicago Bears-Minnesota Vikings game.
The Bears’ defense has been consistent all season long and they’ve re-established themselves as one of the league’s best. The offense, on the other had, has struggled at times, but also has shown flashes of a high powered offense.
With the uncertainty of where the Bears-Vikings game will be played put to rest, the focus now turns to the conditions at TCF Bank Stadium.
There has been plenty of back-and-forth and speculation as to the location of the Bears-Vikings Monday night football game
TCF Bank Stadium is not meant to be played in during the winter, and Bears’ Quarterback Jay Cutler knows this.
So far this week, there has been plenty of discussion about where the Bears-Vikings game will be played. And it seems as if that discussion hasn’t reached Halas Hall.
The University of Minnesota and the Minnesota Vikings are determined to have Monday night’s Bears-Vikings game played at TCF Bank Stadium
Minneapolis received 17 inches of snow over the weekend. As Minneapolis residents shoveled out their sidewalks, car and driveways, the Metrodome’s roof was collapsing.
Vikings fans are being asked to help dig out the University of Minnesota campus stadium in time for Monday night’s Vikings game with the Chicago Bears.
The Bears-Vikings game will already have multiple storylines before the game even begins. And one of those revolves around the health of Vikings’ quarterback Brett Favre.
The owner of the Metrodome says repairs to its snow-damaged roof won’t be ready in time for the Vikings home game next Monday night against the Bears.
The Bears-Vikings game will be played in Minneapolis, but the exact location is still uncertain.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!