A 39-year-old man has been charged with robbing a Lincoln Park bank with his face wrapped in tape, but federal authorities have not yet officially tied him to a string of bank robberies committed by the so-called “Mummy Bandit.”
A bank branch inside of a North Side grocery store was robbed Saturday morning.
Robbers struck a bank branch on the city’s Southwest Side and a credit union in Waukegan on Wednesday.
One man suffered minor cuts and another refused medical attention after an accident at a Lincoln Park intersection early Friday sent one of the vehicles into a bank building.
Judge Matthew Kennelly wore the nun costume to test out Navahcia Edwards’ defense that the May 2011 heist of a TCF Bank she worked at in south suburban Palos Heights was in fact carried out by a white robber, not an African-American like her.
A TCF Bank located in a Jewel at 7910 South Cicero Ave. in Burbank was robbed at approximately 9:50 a.m., according to a release from the Burbank Police Department.
A woman who allegedly robbed a South Side Washington Heights neighborhood bank last month apparently returned to try again but Friday morning, but was thwarted by sharp-eyed bank employees.
According to the FBI, a man carrying a red paper bag robbed the TCF Bank branch at 7201 W. 24th St. in North Riverside.
Charges are pending against a man after police thwarted his attempt to rob a bank Sunday morning.
A man dubbed the “Elmer Fudd Bandit” robbed his fifth bank in just over two weeks on Monday, this time a Norwood Park neighborhood TCF Bank branch on the Northwest Side.
A man robbed a northwest suburban bank on Monday, the third bank he is believed to have robbed in the past three days.
A young man who posed as an old nun when he robbed a Palos Heights bank has been arrested, authorities said.
A grocery store bank on Chicago’s Near West Side was held up Saturday morning.
A west suburban bank branch was robbed Friday by a man wearing a construction vest and hat.
Police are looking for a man suspected of robbing his second Waukegan TCF Bank branch this month Wednesday morning in the north suburb.
A man arrested shortly after he robbed a bank with a water pistol Sunday in the West Side’s Medical Village neighborhood was charged in a federal complaint Tuesday.
A man robbed a TCF Bank branch located on the North West Side Saturday morning, and the FBI believes the man is responsible for robbing two other banks.
The man entered the TCF Bank branch at 12001 S. Pulaski Rd. at 11:41 p.m. and handed a teller a note implying he had a weapon and demanding money.
A man in a Charlotte Hornets cap and holding a dark-colored bandana over his face robbed a west suburban bank branch Wednesday.
Two men have been charged with robbing TCF banks inside Oswego and Aurora Jewel grocery stores.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!