Republican efforts to promote hatred across racial and religious lines are heating up this electoral season. They have found a new warrior to promote the cause in Arizona, Gabriela Saucedo Mercer. Mercer has questioned whether Middle Easterners should be in the US “either legally or illegally”.
As Hurricane Isaac threatens the Gulf again, we will see if Katrina and Isaac serve as bookends of GOP hostility to federal disaster relief. An odd stance for a party that claims to “choose life” while watching people die in natural disasters rather than provide an adequate response.
Ron Paul’s impact on the future of America and how the nation remembers his involvement with the GOP presidential campaign process of 2012 is his and his alone. By saying that he cannot fully support the Republican Party’s choice and raising the discontentment of his supporters, he is on the verge of being best remembered as the presidential election spoiler – or attempted spoiler – of 2012.
The White House Press Corps members finally got the White House Press Conference they’ve been shouting for. And they only have themselves to blame for letting Obama turn much of it into a campaign speech by the questions they did and didn’t ask.
If you know you’re not going to blindly support the “left” in this coming election, see the movie ’2016: Obama’s America’. But, fair warning, it’s disturbing – and quite frightening – to say the least.
If you like the GOP war on women, you are going to love Paul Ryan. After all, Ryan’s record on women’s health could easily be mistaken for one of W. Mitt Romney’s primary opponents, Rick Santorum.
Paul Ryan has changed the Electoral College math. With the pick, Romney has chosen a path that writes off almost all of the country and focuses the election on the industrial Midwest.
After months of failing to find a way to gain ground in the presidential campaign, Mitt Romney has hit the reset button by picking Paul Ryan as his running mate, but once the dust has settled and the Conventions are over, it is hard to see how Romney will have changed the direction of the 2012 presidential campaign.
Romney wisely went with a safe and sure bet because Paul Ryan is a strong, conservative-approved candidate whose image is as clean as Romney’s.
In 2008 it seemed we had entered a new era of post-racial politics, but the dog whistle politics of the Grand Old Party has again raised its ugly head. In fact, since Obama’s election the Tea Party Republicans efforts to race bait have only increased.
Don’t drop last week’s controversial headlines regarding U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann and four other GOP House members who said that President Barack Obama’s administration has connections to the Muslim Brotherhood so fast.
Pennsylvania Republicans have betrayed their country and devised a scheme to potentially disqualify nearly one tenth of the states’ electorate.
My insurance company spent too little on actual health care delivery so my family is getting a refund. If Obamacare is a tax, it’s the greatest tax ever.
Paul not only speaks to many people but also for many people. He has earned his right to speak – regardless of the rules and politics.
Tea Party zealots in Congress are obsessed with stripping people of their right and access to affordable care.
The Supreme Court’s decision upholding the individual mandate and the Affordable Care Act amounts to rolling out the welcome mat for Big Brother to intrude on the lives of Americans.
In Texas Republicans have taken efforts to restrict access to voting a step farther. Texas Republicans are calling for the repeal of the Voting Rights Act.
Stricter governmental guidelines are needed for a person to receive a government paycheck. These guidelines need to involve stricter limits on what people can do with their free government paycheck. If something isn’t needed for survival, it should not be purchased with the American taxpayer’s dollars.
President Obama won big this week with the Supreme Court decisions on Obamacare and immigration. While Mitt Romney and the Tea Party couldn’t have had a worse week.
The Supreme Court has shockingly failed the citizens of the United States by upholding the individual mandate portion of the plan.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.403
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!