Randal S. Kerns, 56, of Valparaiso, was arrested Thursday by Valparaiso police after school officials alerted them of the thefts. Kerns has been released after posting bond.
Questions remain more than a year after physical education teacher Mary Thorson committed suicide.
Jon Erik Lilly, 27, was arrested Wednesday, charged with possessing visual depictions of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct.
Edwin Klemm, 43, faces 11 counts of criminal sexual assault. He allegedly had a sexual relationship with a student in 2011, starting when the girl was 16 years old.
Two women have filed a lawsuit accusing several employees at a southwest suburban Joliet preschool of racial discrimination and harassment.
A suburban Chicago school board member has filed a lawsuit accusing a teacher in her district of duct taping her 11-year-old son’s face after telling him to stop talking in class.
Chicago’s higher education graduates in some fields do better than others. Find out who’s earning the most.
A northwest Indiana middle school teacher was charged Monday with child solicitation after he allegedly engaged in sexually explicit conversations with a teen girl, according to prosecutors.
A male math teacher at Rich East High School has been put on paid leave and is facing further disciplinary action for allegedly having inappropriate contact with a student, officials said Thursday.
A faculty member at a south suburban high school has been placed on leave amid allegations of inappropriate conduct with a former student.
Two national groups have thrown their support behind a former teacher at a Catholic school in Indiana, who claims she was fired for trying to get pregnant.
CBS 2’s Courtney Gousman has the story of Catherine Wolski’s extraordinary turnaround.
A Chicago teacher was hit by a car on Wednesday while walking the picket line on the West Side.
Old-fashioned penmanship is considered by many to be a lost art, or even something obsolete.
If a deal is not hammered out, teachers could walk off the job as soon as Sept. 10.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel today dismissed a mediator’s report that school officials had hoped would provide added bargaining power in their contract talks with teachers.
A 34-year-old teacher has been charged with sexting with one of the students at the Des Plaines middle school where he taught.
The family of a special needs student has sued the West Aurora School District and a special education teacher, claiming their son was severely burned by a cup of tea that a teacher left out, the Beacon-News is reporting.
A Chicago Public elementary school teacher and coach has been arrested, accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old student.
Chicago Teachers Union president Karen Lewis met with more than 200 teachers and other union members this morning at Lane Tech High School, one day before the union takes a strike authorization vote.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!