More than 4,000 students in West Chicago will return to classrooms Thursday morning after teachers and school district officials hammered out a “tentative agreement” that ends a three-day strike.
The board tendered a revised contract offer to the teachers at 7:15 p.m.
Elementary school teachers in West Chicago hit the picket lines on Monday, after going on strike.
A member of the Grayslake Community Consolidated School District 46 board has offered a $500 reward to find out who left her a threatening phone call when teachers were on strike last week.
Teachers and administrators have reached a tentative agreement, ending the school strike in Grayslake.
Striking teachers in Grayslake Elementary District 46 and representatives of the school board are scheduled to meet with a federal mediator on Thursday.
About 4,000 elementary and middle school students in northwest suburban Grayslake and other nearby suburbs were missing school Wednesday, after their teachers went on strike late Tuesday night.
Two local school districts are facing possible teachers’ strikes, and one could come as soon as Wednesday.
A teachers’ strike in the state’s sixth largest school district has ended, after Community Unit School District 300 in the northwest suburbs reached a tentative contract agreement with its 1,300 union teachers.
Teachers in Community Unit School District 300 will strike Tuesday, according to the Local Education Association of District 300.
Teachers and school board members of Geneva Unit School District 304 negotiated into the night Sunday in hopes of avoiding a strike in the far west suburban system.
Carol Young, president of the Geneva Education Association
Teachers and the school board in Highland Park have reached a settlement, ending a one-day strike.
School teachers in Highland Park and Highwood went on strike Tuesday, canceling classes for 4,500 students in North Shore School District 112.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports from Highland Park, where teachers picketed Monday afternoon in a show of solidarity.
Teachers apart of the North Shore School District tell CBS 2′s Courtney Gousman, that if they can’t reach an agreement tonight during contract negotiations, they will begin striking tomorrow.
By a margin of 97 percent in favor, the Local Educators Association of District 300 — the teachers union in Carpentersville — ratified a resolution Sunday to authorize a strike.
Students in Evergreen Park were headed back to school on Monday, after missing eight days of classes due to a teachers’ strike.
A teachers’ strike at Prairie Grove School District 46, in that suburb and part of Crystal Lake, has ended after just one missed day of school.
The school board and teachers in Evergreen Park have reportedly reached a tentative agreement to end the strike.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.189
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!