With the teachers’ strike in Evergreen Park entering its seventh school day, a local church opened its doors on Thursday for a kids’ club.
After six school days missed due to the teachers’ strike in Evergreen Park, parents have started losing their patience with the school district.
Negotiations over the weekend failed to settle the ongoing teachers strike in Evergreen Park, as the walkout now enters a second week.
Teachers in North Shore District 112 have set a strike date of Oct. 16 as both sides have so far failed to reach an agreement.
Negotiators in Evergreen Park School District 124 met for 6.5 hours Thursday but failed to reach agreement on a contract that would end the teachers strike that entered its fourth day on Friday.
Mayor Emanuel says parents can blame striking teachers for the disruptive schedule changes officials have made to make up lost days.
Talks to end the teachers’ strike in Evergreen Park broke down early Thursday morning, meaning kids will be kept out of class for a third day.
Union representatives for Evergreen Park School District 124 teachers left contract negotiations late Monday and said members will strike Tuesday.
Elementary School teachers in Evergreen Park are edging closer to walking off the job.
A stage full of politicians, teachers, public officials and nonprofit leaders says the big battle lies ahead, even though the Chicago teachers’ strike has been settled.
Teachers in southwest suburban Evergreen Park have set next Tuesday as a strike date if there is no contract agreement by then.
High school football made a comeback in a big way Saturday, as hundreds of Chicago Public Schools students took to the field for the first time since the nine-day teachers’ strike put games on hold.
Although the teachers’ strikes in Chicago and Lake Forest have been resolved, negotiations are at a critical point in several other Chicago-area districts, including North Shore School District 112 in Highland Park.
About 357,000 Chicago kids were back in their classrooms Wednesday. So were their teachers. But the shock waves from the nine-day teachers’ strike were still being felt, and not only in Chicago.
Teachers in Lake Forest say they have settled their contract dispute, and their strike is coming to an end.
If you heard cheering around the city at about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, it was probably the sound of hundreds of thousands of parents and their kids hailing the end of the teachers’ strike.
Classes are back in session at Lake Forest High School, but the teachers’ strike continues this Tuesday.
Parents and students in the Chicago Public Schools system are in the midst of another anxious day of waiting Tuesday, as the strike continues into its seventh school day — and its ninth overall.
Public school parents frustrated by the length of the Chicago teachers’ strike are looking for other educational options, and the city’s charter schools have reported a record number of calls.
As the Chicago teachers’ strike entered its sixth school day, the hundreds of school buildings, libraries, non-profits and other sites providing alternate activities for students were open again to provide children a safe haven while school is out.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!