The warm, dry weather set another record on Wednesday.
Temperatures dropped below freezing overnight in several parts of Chicagoland–ushering in a slightly earlier-than-normal end to the growing season.
One year ago, Chicago was bracing for a blizzard that eventually shut down Lake Shore Drive and forced hundreds of drivers to abandon their cars on the lakefront. Today, there wasn’t a flake of snow in sight as the Chicago area reveled in temperatures nearing 60 degrees.
Temperatures to remain above average, with up to an inch of rain. (If that rain were snow, it would amount to 10 inches, reports CBS 2′s Megan Glaros).
Here is a look at the temperature and heat index, as of 3 p.m., according to the National Weather Service.
The last time the official temperature exceeded 100 degrees was six years ago, but on Friday, it might happen again.
The City of Chicago is warning residents of warmer temperatures expected to move into the area for Memorial Day weekend — including 90 degree temperatures Monday.
Chicago went from zero to summer on Tuesday, as the high temperature broke a 115 year old record
What a difference two weeks makes. How are you spending the day? We’d love to see some of your warm weather pictures
Chicago woke up to some of the coldest temperatures in more than two years on Thursday, but it doesn’t even come close to the coldest days ever in Chicago.
If you think it’s cold now, just wait. The forecast calls for sharply colder weather next week, with daytime temperatures barely above single digits.
It was dry too in some areas of Illinois.
You know it’s been a warm October. But what do the historical records have to say about that?
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.398
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!