Ten Foot Mailbag
First, the show will be awful, even by reality TV standards.
If it’s even true it’s not less impressive because—and I can only speak from what others have told me—food poisoning is one of the worst non-life-threatening non-Nicholas Cage movie things one can experience.
It was a really, really, really, really, really, really bad week to say the least. Chicagoans should count themselves lucky that it was mostly just our commutes and basements that were ruined.
One of my favorite things to ever happen in sports is occurring this weekend.
One good thing about the Cubs being likely bad in 2013 is that nobody can chalk it up to a goat.
Of course there’s no way to be sure on any signing or trade or draft pick until after there has been actual significant game play, but as of right now I like the Phil Emery moves.
Booing a guy who used to be on your favorite team and now is on another team is beyond stupid.
O.J. Pistorius. That’s what I’ve begun calling the South African runner accused of murdering his girlfriend (and I don’t want to place value on one murder victim over another, but holy Mandela, that woman was gorgeous).
Just one email this week, actually. This person was so moved by a sports column that he felt compelled to type all this and click send.
I was very impressed with the way the Chicago Blackhawks handled themselves Thursday night in their first meeting with Raffi Torres since Torres injured Marian Hossa on an illegal hit last year.
I very much believe Te’o has lied about much of this, and I feel it’s probable that within this whole odd trip we’re all on that the former Notre Dame linebacker is out for some personal gain from all this and that his sob story is not something to buy into fully.
Happy New Year. Let’s be honest—2012 really sucked for Chicago sports. Outside of college football, with the either loved or hated Notre Dame, Northwestern being above average in a bad B1G conference, and the 14 people that were Northern Illinois football fans before the season started, rooting for teams here was very banana-esque.
Wait, you’re going to pay me probably six figures to travel with an MLB All-Star and make sure he’s not drinking or doing drugs? And you’re going to refer to me as a “Major League staff assistant?” Um, yes, please.
The greatest running back ever had Bo stayed healthy and given up baseball? That’s a tough call. Most exciting? Most athletic? Those were for sure.
While it might seem obvious that marketing and advertising people probably think that Cutler’s pouty face or abrasiveness with the media begets bad results for product endorsement, it’s actually all on Cutler himself.
When you have a Jay Cutler and a Brandon Marshall, an offensive coordinator can be—hell, probably should be—aggressive.
Imagine—Hawk sits alone in his bedroom splashed with Yaz posters and memorabilia a la a Belieber.
Just one question for this week’s TFMB because, well, I said so.
Ugh, the Bears bye week.
Trap game, son! While I certainly hope otherwise, I’m planning on the Chicago Bears losing to the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!