CBS 2 Chief correspondent Jay Levine sat down with Superintendent McCarthy, and began by asking the simple question: Are we safe?
CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine goes behind the scenes for a first-hand look at local SWAT teams in training.
A suburban teenager, accused of trying to support a terrorist organization, appeared in federal court on Tuesday, but his arraignment was delayed.
The FBI arrested an Aurora teen they allege attempted to travel to Syria to join a jihadist militant group, according to an FBI press release.
Security expert and former Chicago police commander Neil Sullivan was at the wheel in a North Side neighborhood showing CBS 2 what to see and when something looks suspicious.
Chicago native David Headley was sentenced to 35 years in prison on Thursday for his role in the 2008 terrorist attack in Mumbai, India, and for planning another attack in Copenhagen, Denmark.
A Chicago businessman who provided support to a Pakistani terror group and backed a plot to kill staff of a Danish newspaper that published controversial cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed has been sentenced to 14 years in prison.
It is becoming more and more clear that it was liberal-leaning politicians who threw her under the bus and they are also the ones who are keeping her under the bus.
Now that the Obama White House and senior intelligence officials have reportedly admitted that they approved Susan Rice’s inaccurate talking points about the Benghazi terrorist attack being the reaction to a protest about a film rather than a terrorist attack, the investigation must go on.
The newspapers that are not endorsing President Barack Obama are extremely brave. They are to be positively recognized for their courage to stand up against the onslaught of the liberal media which refuses to speak in the best interest of the country as the presidential election nears.
When the storm and its headlines have passed, however, the questions about the Benghazi tragedy should continue full force as November 6 continues to near. During the much-needed questioning and impending investigation, it would be grand if President Obama would remain presidential throughout the process.
There were so many blatant signs of Obama-favored bias displayed by CNN political correspondent Candy Crowley that one scarcely knows where to begin. She caused the difference between Romney’s huge win in the first debate and his extremely narrow win in the second.
With the situation getting worse on the ground Obama has ended the surge just in time for the election in November. Taliban and related attacks against NATO powers were approximately 2,700 in August of 2009 when Obama made his contrary-to-campaign promised-move to step up the nation’s military assistance in Afghanistan. Three years later, in August of 2012, there were more attacks – nearly 3,000.
With Americans watching the nearing of the date September 11, 2012 on the calendar for weeks – if not months – and dreading the stark reality that something disastrous may happen to innocent Americans again, the president and his political cronies refused to believe what happened.
Missed in all the controversy over Romney’s 47% don’t pay taxes remark is Romney’s callous and downright dangerous remarks that a crisis sparked by Iran would be good for his election prospects.
The defense attorney for the 18-year-old boy from Hillside accused of trying to set off what he thought was a car bomb downtown says the government’s case is suspicious.
As the liberal American press and ultra-liberal bloggers inundate the Internet and newsprints with criticisms of what Mitt Romney, the GOP presidential challenger to President Barack Obama, said about Obama during the Libyan attacks and murders, throngs of foreign press and few American outlets tell the real story involved with the White House’s role in the incidents that we now know could have been prevented.
An alleged plot to bomb a downtown Chicago bar apparently has been foiled, and a young man has been arrested, in a FBI undercover operation.
Three out-of-state men were indicted in court Tuesday morning, on accusations that they plotted to attack President Barack Obama’s campaign headquarters and Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s house during the NATO Summit, but prosecutors declined to share copies of the indictment with defense attorneys.
News broke on Monday of what is being called “Obama’s kill list” of terrorists targeted in drone attacks around the globe. President Obama is playing the final role of decider in the Pentagon’s campaign to […]
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!