Terry Francona has 80 more games to find his way to Progressive Field. His first trip was an adventure.
Zach McAllister should break 200 if he stays healthy this year, which will be a boon to the back end of the Tribe’s rotation.
As this story goes, an anonymous reader informed Deadspin he had found an email from Terry Francona (the email address was later verified by Deadspin’s MLB sources) to his girlfriend that included a picture of Francona half-naked in a towel.
The “Terry Francona to the Cubs” rumors took a defining turn Wednesday.
Phillies bench coach Pete Mackinin and Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux will be the first to interview for the vacant Cubs manager job.
So could Epstein bring in the manager he won two World Series with in Boston — Terry Francona?
So, now that we know what we have already assumed for weeks, it’s time to look forward. Who do you think should be the next Cubs manager?
After a Boston Globe story exposed personal issues in the life of former Red Sox manager Terry Francona earlier this week, there was wide speculation that team owner John Henry had something to do with leaking the personal information to the newspaper.
Bodog didn’t put odds on Mayor Rahm Emanuel coming up with the $200 million in public money the Ricketts would like to help fix Wrigley Field.
A Cardinals fan friend of mine shot me a tweet on Tuesday night. In it, he suggested that the Chicago Cubs “need to do the Francona-Theo daily double.”
It’s clear White Sox fans would like to see Terry Francona as the skipper on the South Side next season, but whether or not he even wants to manage remains to be seen.
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, sources indicate the Red Sox will allow general manager Theo Epstein to interview with the Cubs.
After reports Friday indicated that White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper was advocating for the hire of Terry Francona, it doesn’t look like the club will pursue the former Red Sox skipper.
Ozzie Guillen may be gone as the manager of the White Sox, but broadcaster Steve Stone isn’t pleased with the way the skipper left his team.
As the Boston Red Sox completed the worst September collapse in the history of baseball Wednesday, fans on both sides of town in Chicago couldn’t help but have a smile on their face.
Any time someone announces an intention to take the high road, it’s a good bet that exactly the opposite is about to happen.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!