A former Merrillville Town Court clerk has pleaded guilty to federal charges of stealing bond money from the court and filing a false tax return.
The two cousins charged in the death of a former St. Louis University volleyball player from Wheaton are now facing more charges for another crime.
One victim learned that replacing the converter will cost an estimated $1,800. The thief will probably get less than $200 when he sells the stolen device, CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
A former administrator of west suburban Bellwood has been charged with stealing more than half a million dollars from the village.
Copper thieves made off recently with thousands of dollars worth of valuable metal from a couple of homes being built by Habitat for Humanity in the southwest suburbs.
A suburban bank manager is accused of stealing more than $20,000 from the accounts of an elderly man.
For at least the third time in a week, thieves have targeted large air conditioning units in the south suburbs.
Thieves did the heavy lifting — literally — of taking an ATM from its foundation at a bank in the Bucktown neighborhood early Friday, but apparently something spooked them and they left the machine — and their getaway vehicle — behind.
Police say Cedar Park Cemetery in Calumet Park is getting hit hard by thieves looking to cash in on bronze grave markers. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
A woman is going to spend four years in prison for embezzling her employer in Algonquin.
McDonough Associates Inc., an engineering firm that was banned from accepting any state contracts after it was accused of overcharges that cost taxpayers millions, has struck back.
One of Illinois’ biggest engineering firms could find itself fighting for its survival.
The former head of the Chicago Police Sergeants Association was sentenced Tuesday to 12 years in prison for stealing more than $1 million from the union to fund a lavish lifestyle that prosecutors said included gambling trips, steak dinners and a down payment on a home, the Sun-Times is reporting.
A Lincoln Park neighborhood man already charged with cyber-terrorizing multiple people online is now facing new burglary charges – and police say the burglary rate in the district where he was operating is down 70 percent since his arrest.
A month ago, it was looking like game over for a Little League team in Hobart, Ind. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
A youth baseball team that almost saw its season evaporate plays its first tournament game of the season on Friday night.
Police in Woodstock say a drug deal gone bad led to life-threatening injuries for the dealer.
An Elgin woman faces more charges for allegedly trying to cash an altered lottery ticket worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
Want to find your stolen iPhone? There’s an app for that, and Chicago Police are using it.
Chicago Police say some bold thieves made their own cash dash Monday morning downtown.
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.367
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!