There’s a multi-state manhunt for a woman accused of visiting local auctions, winning bids and then taking off with them without paying.
One Chicago florist is blaming a thief for almost two dozen Valentine’s Day vases that vanished.
After being caught eating a package of Oreos she hadn’t paid for, a long-time Wal-Mart employee admitted Monday to taking junk food from the company every week for four years, police said.
Ornate brass mailbox slots are being ripped out of South Side homes, to be sold for scrap metal. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
Retailers are seeing an unusual crime spree. Thieves are swiping bottles of laundry detergent, and one drug store chain has put bottles of Tide on “lock down.”
Manhole covers and sewer grates are being stolen in Chicago, and across the suburbs, posing a damage threat to cars and a threat of injury to pedestrians, who could fall inside.
Police believe they’ve solved the case of stolen manhole covers and sewer grates in Joliet and nearby communities.
Even though snow hasn’t been very common this winter, thieves are interested in high-priced equipment used to clear roads. CBS 2′s Mike Parker explains.
Police in Joliet report, they’re losing about 20 manhole covers a month, and they’re not alone, as the value of scrap metal sends thieves in search of easy money.
Though the Christmas holiday is getting nearer, vandals and pranksters haven’t displayed a holiday spirit. Communities around Chicago have reported acts of theft and vandalism to Christmas displays recently.
Naperville police are looking for the thieves who are have stolen four manhole covers right out of the street.
Two teens have been charged with a string of burglaries in south suburban forest preserves.
Air conditioning units, popular targets of thieves during this hot summer, have been picked off on Normal campus of Illinois State University.
Police are investigating thefts of propane tanks on the city’s North Side.
Evanston officers will soon be able to do some of their work inside an Evanston supermarket. Not everyone thinks the unprecedented move is a good idea, CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports.
Police have issued a community alert warning residents of thefts from vehicles in the Uptown and Lake View neighborhoods.
Police say they are surprised by a spike in thefts of human hair in recent months.
An attempt at string of burglaries in two northwest suburbs lands two women in jail..
Chicago area college students are being advised to keep an eye on their laptop computers, in the wake of a rash of thefts.
There have been some unusual thefts at O’Hare Airport. The passengers being targeted are leaving Chicago and traveling internationally, only to have thousands of dollars and gold stolen before they depart.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!