If pitching is the name of the game, Theo and the boys need to buy into it.
The renovations in and around the park will have a positive effect on business, the fans and the residents of Wrigleyville.
Beth Murphy, owner of Murphy’s Bleachers and spokesperson for the Wrigleyville Rooftops Association, has a message for anyone who thinks the rooftop owners are leaching off the Cubs’ product.
When the final out was recorded in the Cubs loss to the Brewers in Monday’s home opener, the city of Chicago was still waiting.
Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein had absolutely no problem with manager Dale Sveum’s decision to demote Carlos Marmol from his closing position.
It’s neither a secret, nor a surprise the Cubs are in a massive rebuilding process never before seen to this extent on the North Side
The only way to find out if that request rings the Cubs’ phones is if Carlos Marmol keeps pitching, though. He needs to be given the opportunity to possibly return to the type of guy Jason Goff referred to as “You won’t hit me, but I might hit you.”
Does anyone really think the Sox will be playing meaningful games in October and the Cubs, meaningful games in June?
Some people might think that by leaving Wrigley Field for suburbia the Cubs could finally kill their curse. I think it’s more likely that they’d kill the goose that laid the golden egg.
Yes, it’s been 104 years since the Cubs last won a World Series and it’s been 67 years since they even played in a Fall Classic. But it simply isn’t true that the North Siders never snap any streaks at Wrigley Field.
CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman believes the Cubs are improving, but it’s still too early to put a timetable on it.
Slow down. Calm yourself. Take a pill or adopt a billy goat as a pet. But please, please stop thinking the Cubs will win 90 games. They won’t win 80 and might be lucky to get past 70.
The 2013 Cubs are fait accompli, and there are only so many ways for someone to write that the team is going to be bad again.
The bunting tournament is back for the Cubs in Spring Training and believe it or not, that wasn’t the biggest news for day one with the Cubs. Lots of topics were broached as Theo Epstein and crew addressed the assembled media.
In an interview with 670 The Score Thursday, Cubs general manager Jed Hoyer denied encouraging Curt Schilling to use performance enhancing drugs in 2008 when the former pitcher’s career was coming to an end.
When it comes time to blaming someone for a team’s lack of success, guess who takes most of the heat? The head coach or manager.
When Theo Epstein took over as Cubs president of baseball operations in October of 2011, he had a very clear goal: to build an organization that enjoyed sustained success.
Boston authorities will be holding off on executing an arrest warrant and extraditing Theo Epstein’s alleged stalker to Chicago until her mental health improves, attorneys said in court Tuesday.
A Cook County judge had ordered Kathleen Kearney be on GPS monitoring once she posted bond after her July 16, 2012, arrest on stalking charges, authorities said.
Tom Ricketts met his wife in the Wrigley Field bleachers, or so goes the legend that was spun as he and his siblings purchased the Cubs in 2009.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!