The distraction techniques of the thieves are brazen, CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker takes a look at what made a man who survived Saigon so emotional.
Thieves posed as legitimate tradesmen when they recently went after a commercial air-conditioning unit for its parts.
Thieves did the heavy lifting — literally — of taking an ATM from its foundation at a bank in the Bucktown neighborhood early Friday, but apparently something spooked them and they left the machine — and their getaway vehicle — behind.
It’s a thriving illegal enterprise these days: crooks making off with manhole covers, metal gutters and copper pipes from homes, then selling the items to unscrupulous scrap metal dealers.
The decorative iron grates at the base of trees in the city are heavy — up to 175 pounds – and they’re in plain view. But that’s not stopping thieves. CBS 2′s Kristyn Hartman reports.
We’ve heard of thieves targeting manhole covers, cooper pipes and wiring, even aluminum benches to sell to scrap yards for quick cash. But now there’s a new hot item catching their eyes: decorative kick plates on the bottom of doors.
What happens to smart phones that are ripped from the hands of robbery victims? 2 Investigator Dave Savini talks with authorities about the pipeline of stolen merchandise.
Residents of the Chatham neighborhood have been put on notice to keep an eye on their air conditioners. Thieves have been sneaking into back yards and crawling onto rooftops to steal entire central air conditioning units.
A warning if you drive a Honda Fit: thieves are targeting your wheels. Not your car, necessarily, just your wheels.
Police are warning of a rash of vehicle break-ins along the north lakefront.
As quickly as the city can put up new streetlights in Lakeview, thieves are pulling valuable copper wire from them.
Police are seeking two assailants who held up a Radio Shack at gunpoint Sunday morning in the Wicker Park neighborhood.
Even if you don’t see any thieves or shoplifters as you shop on Black Friday, they still have their hands in your pocket as you shop.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!