Illinois power broker and millionaire businessman William Cellini has been found guilty on two of four counts related to a conspiracy to squeeze the Oscar-winning producer of “Million Dollar Baby” for a campaign contribution.
Jurors began sorting Wednesday through three weeks of testimony against a longtime Illinois powerbroker in the last trial related to a nearly decade-long federal investigation of ousted Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
In their final push to take down a well-connected Illinois millionaire, prosecutors focused on one sound Tuesday — a laugh — as they tried to convince jurors he was in on a scheme to extort campaign cash from a Hollywood producer for then-Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
It’s a day off for the jury, but, not for the judge or lawyers in the trial of millionaire businessman and powerbroker William Cellini.
Millionaire businessman William Cellini has decided not to take the stand during his Chicago corruption trial.
The producer of “Million Dollar Baby” cursed at a clout-heavy businessman about what he believed was a scheme to extort him for a campaign donation, screaming over the phone that he’d never relinquish a dime to then-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, the Hollywood executive testified Thursday.
An attorney for an Illinois powerbroker on trial in the last case directly linked to a federal investigation of Rod Blagojevich sought in his opening statement Thursday to distance his client from the disgraced former governor.
A mega-millionaire who for decades stayed in the shadows of Illinois power even as he wielded enormous influence looked on Wednesday at his corruption trial as prosecutors shined a bright light on allegations that he used his political sway to try to shake down a Hollywood executive.
Jury selection has begun in the trial of Springfield businessman and powerful political insider William Cellini, on charges that he shook down a Hollywood producer for campaign contributions.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!