Shortly before 9 a.m. Thursday police responded to Schmid Elementary School in the 9700 block of South Greenwood Avenue following a report of a threat.
A high school business teacher has been removed from campus after posting a threatening message to some of his students on a chalk board.
The 19-year-old Richton Park man who allegedly was kidnapped and beaten said he eventually was able to talk his way out of his situation and escape.
Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez has suspended two prosecutors for failing to approve criminal charges against a man who had threatened to set his kids on fire after filling a bathtub with gasoline – then actually set them on fire three months later.
A northwest suburban man was arrested Saturday after wielding a gun and threatening family members, who barricaded themselves inside a room to escape him.
Barrington High School cancelled a dance scheduled for Saturday evening after rumors circulated that someone was planning to bring a gun.
Nicholas Claxton was fired July 23 from an Oak Park restaurant job, but sent a text message to a former co-worker showing him wearing night vision goggles and ballistic armor while holding a shotgun, police said.
Two high schools in Will County were placed on lockdown Tuesday, after a man told emergency dispatchers he was armed and planned to shoot up the Lincoln-Way Central High School campus.
Chicago area dog owners are being warned about a new danger at dog parks, but the threat appears to be bogus.
After he reportedly threatened the Willis Tower, Chicago Police found a stash of guns in a man’s Uptown neighborhood apartment.
An Illinois congressman Osama bin Laden is no longer a threat, but that doesn’t mean we can allow ourselves to become complacent.
A 50-year-old Milwaukee man has been indicted for threatening a Chicago federal judge.
A Southwest Side man is scheduled for a bond hearing today, on charges that he threatened to kill Chicago Ald. Edward Burke (14th.)
Police shot a suspect who allegedly threatened officers with a knife early Thursday in the Uptown neighborhood.
Former Cubs outfielder Milton Bradley was arrested Tuesday morning in Los Angeles after he allegedly threatened a woman.
In the wake of the shooting that killed six people and wounded a Congresswoman in Arizona, U.S. Rep. Danny Davis (D-Ill.) says he is dealing with a threat of his own.
Glenbard South High School is tightening security this morning, after a threat inside a school bathroom.
A west suburban high school was placed on “soft lockdown” Wednesday afternoon after a student found a threat to the building, but officials said they don’t believe there’s any danger.
A northwest suburban woman was charged Wednesday after she allegedly threatening an officer with what police called a “rigid female pleasure device.”
Authorities have given the all clear at the campus of the Illinois Institute of Technology, after the campus was evacuated Saturday morning for a bomb threat.
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.313
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!