Now that 670 The Score will be the new home for University of Illinois basketball and football, The Boers and Bernstein Show hosted an Illini roundtable in studio on Wednesday afternoon.
From 1994-98, I was a student at the University of Illinois, and during those four years I saw a grand total of 14 football victories.
) Illinois hired a familiar face to coach its defensive line in Greg Colby.
The Illini have named former North Carolina State assistant Jim Bridge their new offensive line coach, replacing the departed Luke Butkus.
Illinois football coach Tim Beckman announced today that co-offensive coordinator/quarterback coach Chris Beatty has been let go.
There has long been an apparent gap between Chicago sports fans and the University of Illinois’ athletic programs and Illini Athletic Director Mike Thomas is determined to fix it.
When the Chicago Cubs, coming off their 104th year of championship futility topped by 101-loss cherry, probably inspire more hope and interest than your football program does, you know you have a problem.
Illinois athletic director Mike Thomas said football coach Tim Beckman will return to coach the Fighting Illini next year, despite managing only two wins this year – none of them against Big Ten rivals.
Illinois’ coaching staff was guilty of three penalties in the game, including when Beckman got in the way of an official and was flagged for a sideline infraction.
Saturday’s 50-14 win for Northwestern over the Illini represented much more than just another clash between Chicago’s Big Ten team and Illinois’ state team.
Having co-coordinators in college football is not uncommon, but I’ve never heard of two coordinators splitting up the play-calling by down.
We don’t really know what Ron Zook is up to these days.
Two years ago, Nathan Scheelhaase was soaring. These days, though, the guy’s just sore.
Tim Beckman – if he lasts another season – is likely to get another win at some point, he might never get his first Big Ten one.
It’s been a year since Illinois wandered, stunned, through a six-game losing streak that seemed like it might never end. Tim Beckman was hired as head coach to see to it that the Illini didn’t pile up losses like that again.
While Illini Athletics Director Mike Thomas has come under fire for what is looking more and more like a disaster of a football hire, it seems many have forgotten that Illinois is a basketball school.
Down in Champaign, where these days things are far more blue than orange, the Fighting Illini football team is a woeful 2-5 in head coach Tim Beckman’s first season.
Illinois head coach Tim Beckman confirmed Tuesday on the Big Ten teleconference that offensive lineman Ryan Klachko has decided to retire because of “numerous” concussions.
Denard Robinson threw two touchdown passes and ran for two scores, leading No. 25 Michigan in a 45-0 win over Illinois on Saturday.
With Illinois licking its wounds at 2-4 overall and 0-2 in the Big Ten following Saturday’s 31-14 thumping at Wisconsin, Beckman couldn’t be off to a much worse start in Champaign.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.236
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!