Though Phil Emery divulged little information on his plan for the Bears, one NFL expert said that’s exactly what he intended to do.
Sources told 670 The Score’s Zach Zaidman that Ruskell is out. The news comes on the heels of the Bears naming Phil Emery their new general manager Saturday.
The Bears decided on their new general manager after sifting through a list of names that caused no excitement, whatsoever, arriving at the perfect culmination of their tedious, uninspiring process.
The Bears announced Friday that they had competed an interview with Phil Emery for the vacant general manager position.
The Bears announced Thursday that they had competed an interview with Tim Ruskell for the vacant general manager position.
The Bears announced Wednesday they completed an interview with Marc Ross for the vacant general manager position.
The Bears announced they interviewed Jason Licht Monday for their vacant general manager job.
To one Bears expert, the team’s choice to fire Jerry Angelo was a quickly-made decision and no back-up plan was in place.
With last week’s rambling, incoherent press conference at Halas Hall providing the perfect symbolic catalyst for his efforts, team president Ted Phillips apparently decided to race back to his office and play Angry Birds.
With Jerry Angelo out, the Bears search for their new general manager is well underway.
On the heels of an 8-8 season that saw the Bears drop five-straight games, general manager Jerry Angelo has been fired.
I guess we have the most practical definition yet of Franchise Quarterback.
Go ahead and blame the defense if you must for coming out flat and unprepared, blame the offense if you’d like for being perpetually inept. I’ll blame the general manager.
If it’s Tuesday, that means it’s time for another Bears mailbag. It’s nice to have actual football to discuss, so let’s go…
It never felt right that a shaky offensive line seemed so desperate to retain a mediocre center.
The Chicago Bears have their draft board all ready to go for the 29th pick of April 28th’s Draft, but don’t be surprised if the team ends up trading down.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!