The search for a Cubs TV color analyst seems to be down to five men. And in typical Cub fashion not a one of the names is terribly exciting.
The Cubs search for Bob Brenly’s replacement might end sooner rather than later.
Aramis Ramirez has been one of the better hitters in baseball during the second half. Since late June, he is batting .288 with 16 home runs and 38 RBIs.
Despite his 4.99 ERA and 5-6 record this season, Ryan Dempster might be one of the few Cubs players who draws interest from other teams as the trade deadline approaches.
One of, if not the the only reason to watch the Cubs this season has been shortstop Starlin Castro. But as exciting as he’s been to watch, there are some who feel he makes too many mistakes to remain a shortstop.
Despite being given a vote of confidence by team chairman Tom Ricketts, Chicago Cubs manager Mike Quade can’t be pleased with the way he and his team have performed this season.
The Chicago Cubs’ season continues to drag on, it becomes more and more apparent that the club won’t contend for the division title this season, and needs some serious help if it wants to contend in the next few years.
Injuries and poor performances int he starting rotation has added to the work load of the Chicago Cubs’ bullpen. It’s a problem that the organization didn’t foresee coming into the season.
When the Tribune Company owned the Cubs, fans pretty much knew how the team was going to be run, the Tribune’s main focus was to make money. When the Ricketts family purchased the Cubs, they promised a change in philosophy.
With each of the past few seasons, Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Carlos Zambrano has heard his name be mentioned as one that the Cubs might think about trading.
Second-year shortstop Starlin Castro got off to a great start to the 2011 season. He’s been better than anyone could have expected. But as Castro exceeded expectations, the Cubs moved him into the three-hole in the lineup.
The Chicago White Sox are expected to be compete for the AL Central title and make a run into the playoffs, their North Side counter parts, on the other hand, have more modest expectations.
Santa isn’t the only one making a list and checking it twice this week. The Chicago Cubs are, too, as their search for an analyst to replace the late Ron Santo in the team’s radio booth is now underway.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.4254
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!