Tolls went up in Illinois nearly a year ago, but if you think most drivers took alternate routes to avoid paying more, you’d be wrong.
New figures show fewer drivers than expected have abandoned the Illinois toll roads since the fees nearly doubled.
The New Year is bringing pain in the pocketbook for a lot of Chicagoans, because of a list of higher fees for everything from parking to tolls.
A Cook County judge has rejected an anti-tax advocate’s bid to block the nearly 90 percent rate hike scheduled to go into effect on the Illinois Tollway system next year.
The steep increase in tolls on Illinois tollways will be official after a vote Thursday.
Gov. Pat Quinn says the steep hike in tolls coming in January is necessary to maintain and expand the system.
The Illinois Tollway is set to hold the final public hearings on a proposed toll hike to pay for road construction projects.
The Illinois Tollway director said Monday that a proposed toll increase could be about 50 percent less and still keep the existing 286-mile system in good shape for the next 10 years.
A proposed toll hike might turn out to be much lower than originally thought.
The Illinois State Toll Highway Authority is proposing to raise tolls in order to pay for an ambitious $12 billion, 12-year construction program.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!