John Wayne Gacy was known to have worked inside and around a home where his mom once lived. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli has exclusive video from inside that building.
This was not Boris Spassky vs. Bobby Fischer. First, it was a match between prison inmates, not world class chess masters. Second, the Russians won this time.
Dart said he’s worried about a stalemate in the General Assembly on a law to license people to carry concealed guns. If legislators don’t meet a June 9 court deadline to pass such a law, anyone with a state firearm owner’s identification card could legally walk anywhere in public with a concealed weapon.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart wants all suburban police departments in the county to be part of a federal tracing program for guns seized during crimes.
Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans on Friday defended the decision to begin implementing a ban on cell phones and other electronic communication at courthouses, saying he’s concerned about witnesses being intimidated, or worse.
The search for more possible victims of serial killer John Wayne Gacy is now in the hands of the FBI.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart and neighborhood groups teamed up Wednesday to fight against companies they claim are trying to deceive renters and even board up the foreclosed buildings where they still legally live.
Cook County Jail is now eight inmates away from full capacity and, we haven’t even hit the summer crime wave.
Two Cook County correctional officers were charged Thursday with gathering a group of inmates to beat anther prisoner inside the jail last year.
Illinois and Indiana law enforcement officers plan to team-up to go after gun-runners.
Authorities have captured a convicted murderer from Indiana who was mistakenly released from the Cook County Jail earlier this week.
Alvarez said there were no Illinois charges pending against convicted murderer Steven Robbins, because a January 1993 arrest warrant for armed violence and cocaine possession had been dismissed in 2007.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart said Thursday that a former top aide, now serving in the Illinois Senate, will sponsor legislation allowing police to confiscate guns from homes of people who have lost their state permit.
A new crime-fighting tool in Cook County might soon be in the palm of your hand.
For decades, Sherry Marino doubted that her son was one of serial killer John Wayne Gacy’s victims — and on Thursday, DNA tests confirmed the remains she received were not her son, her lawyers told the Chicago Sun-Times.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart has made a new request to the State’s Attorney’s office to search the backyard of a Northwest side apartment building in hopes of finding new evidence in the murders of serial killer John Wayne Gacy.
Some inmates who are locked up at Cook County Jail are developing new careers with combs and scissors. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
Cook County Sheriff’s investigators trying to identify victims of serial killer John Wayne Gacy have solved the unrelated case of a missing man from Peoria, whose body was found on a mountainside in Utah two years ago.
A federal jury awarded $1.6 million Tuesday to 21 Cook County sheriff’s employees who claimed they were demoted by Sheriff Tom Dart for supporting his main opponent in the 2006 election.
Nearly 150 angry homeowners and renters, many facing foreclosure, jammed a near West Side union hall to demand a moratorium on evictions.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!