A trial is underway at the Federal Building in a lawsuit against Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart.
A federal lawsuit about to go to trial alleges Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart’s office has retaliated against employees who didn’t support Dart politically.
The possibility that more victims of John Wayne Gacy could be buried on the Northwest Side has prompted the Cook County sheriff to push once again for a dig on private property.
A Brookfield man stands accused of neglecting the medical needs of his bedridden wife for years, refusing to even purchase a proper bed or basic first aid products while spending his wife’s disability checks.
HARVEY, Ill. (CBS) — The Cook County sheriff says he and his team took dozens of suspected criminals off the streets in Harvey last week. As WBBM Newsradio’s Lisa Fielding reports, sheriff Tom Dart says […]
A Skokie woman is suing Cook County, claiming a sheriff’s deputy violated her right to breastfeed by demanding she move from a courthouse lobby to a public bathroom — a request she says was not only illegal, but “degrading.”
With just four days to go before the NATO Summit, protesters have already been making their presence known for three days.
A Cook County commissioner wants the county sheriff to take over some of the duties of burying indigent and unidentified people, after a backlog at the county morgue led to more than 300 bodies being stacked up at the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office earlier this year.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart still has his eyes on Joliet as a possible place to house any arrestee overflow there might be later this month during the NATO summit.
The NATO summit is just weeks away and Chicago officials are figuring out how to handle the thousands of protestors expected to turn out for the meetings.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart had some harsh words Thursday for state cuts in preschool funding.
Rain softly began to fall on Wednesday as Francis Cardinal George completed prayers at Mt. Olivet Cemetery for dozens of people whose bodies had been stored at the county morgue since November or December.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart says he is fed up, after yet another problem at a south suburban cemetery.
Authorities hope to teach Cook County Jail inmates some lessons about patience, responsibility and learning from mistakes – by having them play chess.
It seems that the Cook County Jail is unintentionally taking on a new role as a mental health facility.
Police in eight states participated in prostitution stings over the past 10 days, coordinated by Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart.
Another man who had been believed to be a victim of serial killer John Wayne Gacy has been found alive, Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart announced Wednesday.
One of the unknown victims of John Wayne Gacy has been identified, more than 30 years after his death at the hands of one of the nation’s most notorious serial killers.
The number of suspects booked into the Cook County Jail has fallen in the last five years, but detainees on average are staying a week longer behind bars because of court delays, local law enforcement officials said Tuesday.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart could know this week whether one or more of John Wayne Gacy’s eight previously unidentified victims has now been tentatively identified.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.450
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!