Cicero town president Larry Dominick, a self-proclaimed lifelong Cubs fan, has offered Ricketts and the Cubs 50 acres of free land to “build a new stadium with significantly increased seating, more parking and the opportunity to generate more advertising revenues.”
Wrigley Field could come alive for 10 more nights a season. The Cubs want more night games, and next week, the idea is expected to go before City Council.
So, what if the Cubs set up their own giant HDTV on the reverse side of their proposed video board?
Tom Ricketts stood in front of a crowded banquet hall Wednesday with the City Club of Chicago in attendance and gave a play-by-play of plans to “restore” Wrigley Field.
For the first time since taking ownership of the Cubs in 2009, Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts said he will move the Cubs within four years if his proposed Wrigley Field restoration plans were not approved by the city.
The strength of the Bears schedule is 16th. That translates into 8-8, right?
Public opinion matters to the Cubs in their efforts to modernize their property and stabilize their presence in Tom Ricketts’ beloved Wrigleyville.
The renovations in and around the park will have a positive effect on business, the fans and the residents of Wrigleyville.
A day after striking a $500 million deal with the city to renovate Wrigley Field and build a new hotel, Chicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts said the agreement would bring a World Series title to the North Side.
After the Cubs and the City of Chicago announced a deal to renovate Wrigley Field, eyes quickly turned to see the reaction of the Wrigleyville Rooftops Association, which did not have a voice in the negotiations and has a 20-year contract with the team that could be affected by the renovation.
Beth Murphy, owner of Murphy’s Bleachers and spokesperson for the Wrigleyville Rooftops Association, has a message for anyone who thinks the rooftop owners are leaching off the Cubs’ product.
There was no joy in Wrigleyville on Wednesday night.
No face to face talks between City officials and the Cubs today. And still no deal on Wrigley renovations and Community development.
Oh, poor Tom Ricketts. All he wants to do his fix his broken toy and the big bad politicians of Chicago won’t let him.
When the final out was recorded in the Cubs loss to the Brewers in Monday’s home opener, the city of Chicago was still waiting.
The Cubs and the city of Chicago are in the process of finalizing a deal for the renovation of Wrigley Field.
Like it or not, the Wrigleyville Rooftops Association has every right to protest the Cubs’ new renovation plan.
It’s neither a secret, nor a surprise the Cubs are in a massive rebuilding process never before seen to this extent on the North Side
Though the team hasn’t won a World Series in over a century, the Cubs have been listed as the most profitable team in all of baseball, according to Forbes’ annual report.
Some people might think that by leaving Wrigley Field for suburbia the Cubs could finally kill their curse. I think it’s more likely that they’d kill the goose that laid the golden egg.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 8 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 8 hours ago