Though the team hasn’t won a World Series in over a century, the Cubs have been listed as the most profitable team in all of baseball, according to Forbes’ annual report.
Some people might think that by leaving Wrigley Field for suburbia the Cubs could finally kill their curse. I think it’s more likely that they’d kill the goose that laid the golden egg.
Rosemont mayor Brad Stephens has an idea – a bold one.
Our friends at ChicagoSide may have found Tom Ricketts’ Doppelgänger.
ubs owner Tom Ricketts would make an excellent politician because he can talk a long time without saying much. That was the case Sunday when Ricketts met the media and pretty much brushed away all questions regarding a deal with both the city and the neighborhood involving Wrigley Field.
The Chicago Cubs and Northwestern University announced what they are calling an “innovative, multi-year event and reciprocal marketing partnership” Tuesday that will include five Wildcats football games at Wrigley Field.
When Theo Epstein took over as Cubs president of baseball operations in October of 2011, he had a very clear goal: to build an organization that enjoyed sustained success.
In an attempt to solve the dispute between the Cubs and the Wrigleyville rooftop owners, the two sides met at Wrigley Field on Monday afternoon.
By Dave Wischnowsky – (CBS) When it comes to Sammy Sosa’s future, AOL Fanhouse columnist Lisa Olson has a bold prediction. “Within a few years,” she wrote in a column published on Thursday, “the Cubs […]
Slammin’ Sammy also said the Chicago Cubs should retire his number.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says he like some parts of the Chicago Cubs plans to refurbish Wrigley Field, but he’s not ready to give his blessing to a deal just yet.
Tom Ricketts met his wife in the Wrigley Field bleachers, or so goes the legend that was spun as he and his siblings purchased the Cubs in 2009.
The Cubs have given up efforts to persuade the city to divert tax revenues to help fund Wrigley Field renovations – for now, at least – and have shifted their efforts toward getting restrictions at the ballpark eased to allow more sponsorship revenue, Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts said Saturday.
For Cubs fans, it’s time to convene. But for the Cubs? Well, apparently, it’s time to count beans.
Such is the Catch-22 of the situation that the Cubs have put themselves – and their overpaying, overly patient fans – in thanks to the path that Theo & Co. have embarked upon.
Some day soon, I’d like to see Wrigley welcome the Bears again.
Check out the video as Anthony Rizzo, Tony Campana and Tom Ricketts offer their support in Luke’s battle.
Another member of Chicago’s Ricketts family is getting involved with a super PAC.
A plan for Arizona State University’s baseball team to use the Chicago Cubs’ new complex in Mesa may be hanging by a thread.
Consuming Cubs baseball is simply unhealthy right now, if it matters to you.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.403
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.2434
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!