A lot of attention has been focused on the Bears new quarterback, Caleb Hanie, but it’s he’ll need plenty of help from his offensive line and defense against Oakland, Bears analyst Tom Thayer says.
At the end of the 2011 season, Matt Forte’s contract won’t be the only thing on the mind of the Bears’ front office.
With the Bears on the bye week, Bears radio analyst Tom Thayer thinks the new structure of the bye week will ultimately hurt the Bears.
Former Chicago Bear and WBBM Newsradio analyst Tom Thayer says a four-day rest is just what the veterans on the Bears need, as the team enters a bye week.
Leading the charge for the physical battle will be Lions defensive tackle, Ndamukong Suh, who is notorious for his dirty play. Chicago Bears radio analyst Tom Thayer said the Bears should go shot for shot with Suh.
A member of the 1985 Chicago Bears team is taking former teammate Dan Hampton to task for declining an invitation the White House with the rest of the team.
The Bears have won their last six games against the Detroit Lions, but the game coming up this Monday is expected to be a difficult one, and what analyst Tom Thayer calls “the most physical game” ever between the two teams.
The Bears will need a physical approach and a well-tuned strategy to defeat the New Orleans Saints this Sunday, says analyst Tom Thayer.
To say the preseason didn’t go well for newly acquired Bears wide receiver Roy Williams would be an understatement.
As the Chicago Bears evaluate their roster heading into the NFL Draft weekend, they need to address one specific position where they’re falling behind the rest of the NFC North division.
The success of the 2010 Chicago Bears came as a surprise. While some expected five or six wins this year, there were others who expected less. Next season, however, the starting expectations will reflect the 2010 season.
As big as the Chicago Bears-Green Bay Packers game is going to be, it’s a game that could be decided by a single aspect.
The Chicago Bears ended the season at 11-5, winners of the NFC North and the second seed in the NFC Playoffs. The Seattle Seahawks finished 7-9 and lucked into the playoffs by winning the weak NFC West.
With the Bears’ playoff game now one week away, it’s time to start thinking about what a realistic expectation is for them in the playoffs.
Most of the talk about the Bears-Vikings game this week has revolved around what stadium it would be played at the conditions of the stadium.
The Bears have a lot on their minds this week. They don’t know for sure where their game against the Vikings will be played and they can lock up the division with a win. LISTEN: TOM THAYER
One of the biggest matchups in Sunday’s game will be the Bears’ offense against the Patriots’ defense. The longer the Bears can keep Tom Brady off the field, the better chance they have to win.
The Patriots have been one of the best teams in the NFL for a while. With a Hall of Fame quarterback leading the way, the Bears have a tough task ahead of them on Sunday. LISTEN: TOM THAYER
Remember all the worries about Urlacher’s health during training camp? Just two weeks ago he broke Mike Singletary’s career franchise record for tackles. Brian Urlacher is healthy and helping the Bears make their push for the playoffs. LISTEN: TOM THAYER AND JOSH LISS
Earlier in the week Lovie Smith said that he wouldn’t change his defense to account for Michael Vick. Bears analyst Tom Thayer believes that Smith won’t, and knows how the Bears can shut Vick down.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!