Staff from the mayor’s office and executives with the Chicago Cubs held a meeting Monday on plans to renovate Wrigley Field. There was no deal announced by the negotiators.
Some people might think that by leaving Wrigley Field for suburbia the Cubs could finally kill their curse. I think it’s more likely that they’d kill the goose that laid the golden egg.
Rosemont mayor Brad Stephens has an idea – a bold one.
The Chicago Cubs bid for more night games at Wrigley Field is apparently on hold while talks about the renovation of the Friendly Confines go on, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore from City Hall.
Tom Ricketts met his wife in the Wrigley Field bleachers, or so goes the legend that was spun as he and his siblings purchased the Cubs in 2009.
A Chicago alderman on Monday said he opposes parts of a plan that would allow the Chicago Cubs to generate more revenue out of Wrigley Field, according to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times.
Amid the usual, goofy hokum of the annual Cubs Convention came the announcement of a proposed redesign of Wrigley Field’s right-field bleacher area.
Wal-Mart proposes building a downsized store in the East Lakeview neighborhood, but residents gave the retailer a not-so-warm welcome Monday night at a public meeting.
Another trial balloon from the Cubs has been met with another round of skepticism, and rightly so.
As quickly as the city can put up new streetlights in Lakeview, thieves are pulling valuable copper wire from them.
Ald. Tom Tunney tells opponents the retail giant told him it’s looking around Chicago, but hasn’t moved on rumored Broadway site.
The controversy over a proposed Wal-Mart store in the East Lakeview neighborhood has now made init to the aldermanic campaign for the area.
Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) today demanded a “rigorous cost-benefit analysis” before signing on to the Cubs’ plan to use 35 years’ worth of amusement tax growth to finance a renovation of historic Wrigley Field.
Chicago Aldermen want the federal government to stop banning most gay men from donating blood.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!