There appears to be a plea deal in the works for a 36-year-old DeKalb man about to go on trial for the murder of a Northern Illinois University freshman.
Northern Illinois University will hold a vigil tonight, one year after the body of a missing student was found in a DeKalb park.
The man accused of murdering a Northern Illinois University student will undergo an evaluation by the clinical psychologist.
Prosecutors say William Curl could face death penalty if convicted.
DeKalb authorities are expected to announce murder charges Friday night in the slaying of Northern Illinois University art student Antinette “Toni” Keller, who went missing earlier this month.
A person of interest is being held out of state in connection with the murder of Northern Illinois University student Antinette “Toni” Keller.
A person of interest is being questioned about the homicide of 18-year old Antinette “Toni” Keller.
Newsradio 780 has learned that investigators looking into the case of NIU student Toni Keller have asked a forensic anthropologist in Indianapolis to examine the remains found in a DeKalb park.
Dr. Clyde Snow says “Somebody wanted that body destroyed to obscure identification.”
Hundreds gathered tonight on the campus of NIU in honor of Antinette “Toni” Keller.
Authorities in northwestern DeKalb will provide more information about the disappearance of Northern Illinois University student Antinette “Toni” Keller.
DeKalb residents and students at Northern Illinois University are nervous and anxiously waiting for answers. Is there a killer among them?
Confirmation is expected today for whether the remains found discovered in a park near the Northern Illinois University campus belonged to freshman Antinette “Toni” Keller.
NIU students have been staying connected through social media websites, as they await confirmation about whether remains found off-campus are that of a missing NIU freshman.
The unidentified human remains that were found in a wooded area of Prairie Park in DeKalb were discovered “early in the investigation” of a search for a missing Northern Illinois University student, police confirmed Sunday.
A week has passed since Plainfield teen Antinette “Toni” Keller, 18, was last seen, and her friends and family have faith she will be found safe, and soon.
Officials at Northern Illinois University say the DeKalb County Major Case Squad has assumed lead of the investigation into the disappearance of a NIU student.
It has been a week since 18-year-old Toni Keller of Plainfield disappeared.
A Northwestern Illinois student has been missing for six days.
NIU freshman hasn’t been seen since last week. PHOTO GALLERY
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4780
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!