In the wake of the destruction left by a massive tornado in downstate Harrisburg, residents in southern Illinois are in desperate need of relief.
Residents of Harrisburg, Ill., are now trying to come to grips with the devastation of a massive EF-4 tornado that struck on Wednesday morning and killed six people.
Six downstate residents were killed, and more than 100 others were injured, in a powerful storm with an EF4 tornado slammed southern Illinois early Wednesday.
It’s officially the rainiest day since they began keeping records in 1871, according to the National Weather Service.
Minutes count when a tornado is approaching, and that is where sirens can save lives.
Clean-up crews have made a big dent in removing the downed trees, limbs and other debris left behind by last week’s tornado in northwest suburban Mt. Prospect, but work still needs to be done.
Cleanup efforts from the tornado last week continue Monday in Mount Prospect, as the village begins debris removal.
Neighbors are cleaning up a day after strong storms prompted a tornado warning and produced a funnel cloud south of Chicago.
A tornado spotted near south suburban Calumet City has prompted a tornado warning for Cook County and northwest Indiana.
The Addison-based Lutheran Church Charities is using “comfort dogs” to help stressed people in tornado-ravaged Joplin, Mo.
A former Winfield resident is among the lucky survivors of the deadly tornado in Joplin, Mo.
More showers and thunderstorms soaked Chicago on Thursday, prompting more flood advisories and warnings.
Clean up crews were hard at work clearing away debris and salvaging whatever property they could in St. Anne.
At least one person was hurt in the severe storms that ripped through portions of the Chicago area Sunday. Hail fell in several suburbs, while a possible tornado in northwest Indiana destroyed a building and toppled power lines.
April could be one of the worst months for tornadoes in the nation’s history–with the possibility of more than 300.
Mark Lingl of Carpentersville has a dangerous hobby — chasing tornadoes. But he says he actually helps keep people safe. CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports.
A documentary filmmaker used an armored truck to get himself inside a tornado while shooting “Tornado Alley” which is now showing in IMAX at the Museum of Science and Industry.
Authorities say nearly two dozen homes in central Illinois were damaged after a possible tornado touchdown in downstate Menard County.
Residents in the small town of Caledonia – in Boone County near Rockford – were counting their blessings Tuesday, a day after a powerful tornado hit their homes, but left no one seriously hurt.
Some areas are devastated this morning, after a tornado ripped a path through parts of northern Illinois.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!