A federal appellate court has upheld the 2010 conviction of a former Chicago police commander for lying about the torture of suspects.
A renewed push is on to get retired Mayor Richard M. Daley to submit to a deposition about former Chicago Police Cmdr. Jon Burge.
A City Council committee has endorsed a resolution that would declare Chicago a “Torture-Free Zone.”
Gov. Pat Quinn has signed legislation that will toughen the penalties for abusers who torture their victims, after a man who brutally tortured his wife ended up being sentenced to just 4 1/2 years in prison.
Former police Cmdr. Jon Burge reports to prison today, after being convicted of lying about torturing suspects during the 1970s and ‘80s.
Former Chicago Police Cmdr. Jon Burge is expected to report to prison later this week, and he could meet a jailhouse celebrity.
Disgraced former Police Lt. Jon Burge will get to keep is nearly $3,100 a month pension, a sharply divided panel decided on Thursday.
When former Chicago Police Cmdr. Jon Burge reports to prison to serve his 54-month sentence for perjury and obstruction of justice, he may want toconsider the experiences of one of his former homicide detectives.
Police torture and misconduct under the command of former Chicago Police Lt. Jon Burge was a “cancer” that destroyed relations with the black community, a former Chicago policeman and activist said at Burge’s sentencing hearing.
A man who claims to have been a torture victim of police Cmdr. Jon Burge wants to see him go away for a long time.
Former Chicago Police Commander Jon Burge, who is now facing sentencing next week for lying about the torture of suspects, says he deserves less prison time because of his military service.
Former Chicago Police Cmdr. Jon Burge could face hard time behind bars when he is sentenced in January for perjury and obstruction of justice.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!