A worker who fell into a silo with toxic material at an industrial plant on the South Side has died.
Edward F. Bachner admitted in a plea agreement that he fraudulently purchased a $20 million life insurance policy on a person he planned to poison.
Many receipts contain toxic Bisphenol A, or BPA. Legislation introduced Thursday will require all stores to find an alternative. CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports.
Have you wondered what happened to all those battery recycling containers you used to see in libraries and other city buildings in Chicago?
Veteran Police Officer Kevin Robinson died April 4, about a month after reportedly inhaling a toxic substance at work. Friends and family await the results of an investigation to learn what really happened.
Residents in Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood complained for years about metallic-tasting smoke rolling down their narrow streets but had little evidence it was harmful.