The train struck the woman about 4:30 p.m. near West 115th and South State streets, according to Fire Media Affairs.
Dominic Syzmanski amazingly lost only a foot and a few toes on the other foot when he was hit by a train two months ago. Tuesday, he surprised his entire school during an afternoon assembly.
Dominic Szymanski, the fifth-grade boy who was hit by a train in downtown northwest suburban Barrington on March 15, was able to return home from the hospital earlier this week.
The conductor of a Norfolk Southern freight train that collided with a car in Chicago’s south side Hegewisch neighborhood today saw the driver go around the tracks, but the train couldn’t stop in time.
A Metra train struck an 11-year-old boy Friday evening in northwest suburban Barrington.
Passengers on a Metra train headed to Chicago on Friday morning got downtown about 80 minutes late because the train’s doors would not close after a stop at the Naperville station.
A woman who had the railroad crossing gate come down on her SUV while traveling westbound Friday in North Chicago escaped injury when a freight train clipped her vehicle.
Thirteen minutes. That’s how long a door aboard a moving Metra train stayed open Tuesday evening before a conductor discovered the problem.
Service has been suspended on the South Shore train line in Northwest Indiana due to a derailment in Michigan City.
There was a time when you could hop on a train at certain North Side ‘L’ stations, sit down in a tavern-lounge car, order a drink and eat a freshly-cooked hamburger as you rode to Milwaukee at up to 90 miles an hour.
The price of a one-day pass will nearly double, from $5.75 to $10. A three-day pass that now costs $14 will cost $20. The seven-day pass will increase in price from $23 to $28 and the 30-day pass will increase in price from $86 to $100.
Wheels on the second and third cars of a northbound Metra train left the tracks, but all of the cars remain upright near 155 N. Canal St., just north of the Ogilvie Transportation Center. The train appeared to be pulling at least six cars.
Two people inside a vehicle struck by a Metra train Monday evening on the South Side were hospitalized — one in critical condition.
The mystery man who helped a teenager get a stalled car off railroad tracks in Tinley Park last week as a train was approaching says he’s not really a hero.
WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser recorded coyotes howling at a passing train in the Indiana Dunes, near Beverly Shores.
Amtrak says the City of New Orleans passenger train will pull into its namesake city this coming Tuesday, the first time since late August.
CBS 2 observed the accident scene at the Brown Line Kedzie stop: a mangled car against the side of a CTA commuter train.
The family of a Glenview couple killed in a train derailment and bridge collapse has filed a wrongful death suit against Union Pacific Railroad over the incident, and a judge has ordered cleanup of the wreck halted to preserve evidence in the case.
The engine of an Amtrak passenger train caught fire Wednesday south of Union Station.
A 27-year-old Glenview man was hit and killed by a Red Line ‘L’ train in Rogers Park early Thursday.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!