Employers hired 146,000 workers last month, nearly twice as many as analysts expected, dropping the jobless rate to 7.7 percent. CBS 2’s Chris Martinez reports.
The Illinois Fire Service Institute’s hands-on training school for teens and young adults has received a $65,000 state grant.
Illinois firefighters and paramedics may soon know how to better help autistic people during emergencies.
Police are going through extensive extra training for the NATO/G8 summits, as two groups of demonstrators have now announced plans to march down Michigan Avenue in the midday hours.
It’s almost time for the Hustle up the Hancock, and this year, the Respiratory Health Association hopes to raise more than $1 million for local lung disease research and programs.
For the first time in nearly three years, the Cook County Sheriff’s Police will be getting 26 new officers, as the department figures a way around belt-tightening.
It looked and sounded like the real deal – police officers shooting in the middle of a street during a terror plot gone wrong. Fortunately, it was just a training session.
Some Chicago aldermen got a chance to walk a mile in the shoes of firefighters Thursday.
Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy says he is wasting no time in preparing his police force for next year’s G8 and NATO summits.
Gov. Pat Quinn on Wednesday signed legislation that aims to increase the safety of infant and newborn.
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.379
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!