A series of pedestrians and vehicles have been hit in recent weeks by Metra trains, more often than not with deadly consequences. The state investigator who is assigned to most such accidents says most are perfectly avoidable.
It’s a big hassle for thousands of CTA riders and it’s all to replace a major Chicago bridge.
It’s the dirty little hidden danger of riding public transportation.
The Chicago Transit Authority is hoping to catch more crime on camera.
CTA riders are beginning to complain about trains bunching up, especially during rush hours. The transit agency is trying to respond.
The Chicago Transit Authority is stepping up inspections of track, using special trains that spray water on overheated rails and is working aggressively to keep air conditioning working aboard its trains and in its trackside switch houses to deal with the extreme heat.
Metra says it lost $800,000 in revenues during the NATO Summit weekend last month, as riders stayed away.
A warning for Northwest Indiana commuters: Avoid traveling on the South Shore train line during the NATO Summit.
CTA’s newest ‘L’ cars will be reintroduced on the Pink Line beginning Sunday, but you will have to look hard to find them.
Police have issued a community alert for people who ride the CTA Green Line on the South Side.
Amtrak has filed an official complaint against Canadian National railway for regular delays on the route from Chicago to New Orleans.
Amtrak trains briefly went dry in Illinois on Wednesday.
On-time performance at Metra has slipped last year, and the commuter rail agency’s chairman, chief executive officer and board want something done about it.
So far, the Chicago area has had only a dusting of snow. But Metra says it is ready to battle another blizzard — if one occurs.
Metra is stepping up its campaign to spot conductors who are lax about collecting fares.
CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot talks with train passengers about enhanced security at stations as the Sept. 11 anniversary nears.
Illinois is in line for funding to purchase some new trains.
Metra is changing how it reports late trains, so commuters will have more accurate information about which trains are chronically delayed.
The Metra Union Pacific West Line had no trains running for part of Monday morning because there simply weren’t enough engineers to go around.
Starting today, all the lines in the Metra commuter rail system will introduce “quiet cars” on their trains.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!