“Birds of Paradise: Amazing Avian Evolution,” a traveling exhibition from the National Geographic Society, will make its national debut this summer at the Dennos Museum Center in Traverse City, Mich.
Experts say you won’t find the usual summer air-fare wars, but there are still some bargains you don’t want to miss. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
A dense fog advisory remains in effect until 8 a.m. for the Chicago area on Monday.
Most Americans who traveled during this Thanksgiving holiday came face to face with an American reality: while there is much to be thankful for, our infrastructure is not one of those things.
Holiday travel is difficult no matter where you’re from. Everyone is trying to get home to see their loved ones as fast as possible and generally traveling with more luggage than usual as they’re all bearing gifts. Chicagoans have a further cross to bear being a hub city and a centralized urban area. Here are a few tips to make your holiday trip less hectic.
Planning a weekend getaway? Located 80 miles from Chicagoland, Lake Geneva, WI, provides a perfect escape for Chicagoans trying to avoid expensive plane fare or hours in the car. Though Lake Geneva, is known for its waterfront, beaches, festivals and resorts, that doesn’t mean it’s only a warm weather town. Many places feature seasonal activities and ways to see the beautiful fall color changes at the lake.
Take a trip to Transylvania and visit the legendary Castle Bran, or as you may know it, Dracula’s Castle.
Labor Day means one more weekend of festivals, BBQs and all that is right with the Chicago weather. Here’s a weekend itinerary with fun ideas to get you started!
A festival for the arts, Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival livens up Logan Square July 20, 21 & 22. Go to see bands, performances and more!
We all know Chicago weather is unpredictable to say the least. For this reason, outdoor pools are few and far between in the city. If you’re planning a trip to town, a party or just a weekend in Chicago, here’s a round up of the best outdoor hotel pools. There’s also a handy key noting which hotel is best for location, luxury, families and the view to help you determine the best hotel for you.
Warmer weather is coming, people are making summer vacation plans, and – guess what? – gas prices are dropping like crazy.
The summer travel season kicks off this holiday weekend.
Bryan Gruley, reporter at large for Bloomberg News and author of The Skeleton Box – he’s also a hockey fan. Here, Gruley shares his favorite Chicago hockey spots.
It’s rare parents go anywhere without their smart phones anymore; these hand-held mini computers are used for so much more than just making phone calls and receiving texts, so it’s no wonder that so many applications have been developed specifically for families and little ones. Here’s a list of some wonderful apps for families.
From zip lining to ice climbing, pick which extreme sport you would rather give a try.
You don’t have to feel stuck in the cold city this winter. Visit the tropics without having to catch a flight. These four Chicago spots are the perfect tropical pick-me-ups: uninterrupted, stress-free family time with a side order of sliders, palm trees and butterflies.
Since 1993, the Groundhog Day holiday has enjoyed renewed interest due to the namesake cult film starring the very excellent Bill Murray as weatherman Phil Connors. While Punxsatawney, PA gets most the national attention on the day itself, the actual location of the filming of Groundhog Day is our very own Woodstock, IL. Murray was the star, but the town itself plays a major role…
Illinois taxpayers could find themselves on the hook for the hours that state education employees spent traveling.
Gas prices and airfares are higher this year than last, but cost isn’t keeping people home for the holidays.
As he looks to cut city expenses, Mayor Rahm Emanuel is ordering an audit of mileage and travel reimbursement policies for all city agencies.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!