Daniel Murphy hit a tiebreaking home run in the eighth inning and the New York Mets beat the Chicago Cubs 4-3 on Sunday for their first series win at Wrigley Field since 2007.
Travis Wood pitched impressively into the seventh inning to outduel Lance Lynn, Nate Schierholtz hit a two-run homer and the Chicago Cubs snapped the St. Louis Cardinals’ six-game winning streak with a 2-1 victory Tuesday night.
Derek Holland pitched seven shutout innings, Adrian Beltre hit a two-run home run, and Craig Gentry made a diving catch in the ninth to end the game and preserve the Texas Rangers’ 4-2 win over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night at a cold Wrigley Field.
Travis Wood allowed one hit over six innings and the Chicago Cubs held off the Pittsburgh Pirates 3-2 on Thursday.
Cubs starter Travis Wood yielded five hits and two runs with a spring-best seven strikeouts in 4 1-3 innings. It was an improvement from his last start when he allowed seven hits and four runs in four innings.
Alfonso Soriano finished a triple shy of the cycle and drove in two runs and Travis Wood allowed one run in 7 2-3 innings to lead the Chicago Cubs to a 5-1 win over the Houston Astros Wednesday night.
Angel Pagan hit a tiebreaking RBI single in the ninth inning and the NL West-leading San Francisco Giants closed out a successful road trip with a 7-5 win over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
Ryan Ludwick hit a two-run double in the eighth and the Cincinnati Reds rallied to a 4-2 win over the Chicago Cubs Saturday afternoon.
Lance Lynn won his 12th game with six spotless innings, and Matt Holliday and Carlos Beltran homered on consecutive pitches to put the finishing touches on the St. Louis Cardinals’ 7-0 victory Sunday that completed a three-game sweep of the Chicago Cubs.
Carlos Lee hit a grand slam and the Florida Marlins beat the Cubs 9-5 on Tuesday night, giving Ozzie Guillen a win in his first game back managing in Chicago.
Travis Wood pitched shutout ball into the eighth inning and used some nifty base-running to set up Anthony Rizzo’s go-ahead single as the Chicago Cubs completed a three-game sweep of the Houston Astros with a 3-0 win on Sunday.
Travis Wood pitched six strong innings for his first win as a starter in more than a year, and the Chicago Cubs beat the White Sox 2-1 on Tuesday night even though Jake Peavy went the distance.
Barry Zito pitched 8 1-3 scoreless innings for his 150th career win and Joaquin Arias snapped an 18 at-bat hit-less stretch with an RBI single that led the San Francisco Giants to a 2-0 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
The Chicago Cubs stopped their 12-game losing streak as Alfonso Soriano hit a go-ahead home run Monday in an 11-7 win over the San Diego Padres.
The Chicago Cubs today placed catcher Welington Castillo on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to May 19) with an MCL sprain in his right knee and recalled left-handed pitcher Travis Wood from Triple-A Iowa.
I’ve heard all the arguments for why the Cubs traded their best reliever, and none of them has been compelling enough for me to get on board.
When Theo Epstein first arrived in Chicago, one of his first moves was to trade arguably the Cubs best left-handed pitcher in Sean Marshall.
As the Cubs worked to trim their roster to 25 players, more cuts were made Thursday.
Will Venable had two hits and two RBIs, Anthony Bass continued his bid to make the opening-day roster with another strong outing and a San Diego Padres split squad beat the Chicago Cubs 5-1 Saturday.
Randy Wolf retired six of the first seven batters he faced Wednesday and extended his scoreless streak into an eighth inning this spring before a two-run fourth as Milwaukee beat the Chicago Cubs 10-2 Wednesday.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.146
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!