A truck fire shut down the Tri-State tollway on Tuesday morning near the Wisconsin border.
The truck driver involved in the fiery Tri-State Tollway crash last month that killed an Illinois State Police trooper allegedly fell asleep behind the wheel before the truck he was driving veered out of its lane, according to a report obtained by the Sun-Times.
Illinois State Police spokeswoman Monique Bond said, according to preliminary reports, a truck rear-ended a car on I-294 near Lake Street sometime between 5:45 a.m. and 6 a.m. on Thursday.
The 1998 Truck Tractor semi truck was traveling on the Tri-State Tollway (I-294) when it attempted to exit at 95th Street but rolled over on the southbound ramp.
James Sauter died Thursday night when a semi-tractor-trailer truck slammed into his state police cruiser on the Tri-State Tollway.
The trooper’s squad car was rear-ended by a semi-trailer truck around 11 p.m. Thursday in the southbound lanes of Interstate 294 near Willow Road.
It was just before 11 p.m., 22 year old Danielle Pisterzi headed southbound on the Tri-State Tollway.
The Illinois Tollway received final approval Thursday to construct the Elgin O’Hare Western Access Project, a $3.4 billion project to provide congestion relief projected to save drivers $145 million a year in time and fuel costs.
A bucket fell from the front end of a Bobcat construction vehicle onto the northbound lanes of the Tri-State Tollway early Tuesday, and ended up damaging several motorists’ cars.
A driver was injured, and the Tri-State Tollway was snagged, when a car slammed into the back of a truck, careened into a wall, and caught fire.
A car fire snagged the Tri-State Tollway near O’Hare International Airport just as the morning rush began Friday.
Illinois State Police have closed the Lincoln Tollway Oasis on the Tri-State (I-294), as they investigate an armed robbery.
A serious accident blocked three left lanes on the Tri-State Tollway at Roosevelt Road Tuesday morning.
A semi accident is creating problems on the Stevenson Expressway and Tri-State Tollway.
A motorist was charged with driving under the influence after rear-ending an ambulance on a ramp from the Kennedy Expressway to the northbound Tri-State Tollway Friday night.
A dump truck full of construction debris flipped over on a ramp between the Stevenson Expressway and the Tri-State Tollway early Monday, causing major backups.
A major highway project in the northern suburbs will mean detours and require a hefty dose of patience.
Northbound Interstate 57 was turned into a virtual parking lot Thursday morning, as crews attended to a four-car pileup in a construction zone near the Tri-State Tollway.
A south suburban man died over the weekend after crashing his car on the Tri-State Tollway, stripping naked, and walking into traffic.
Five people were seriously injured in a single-vehicle crash Sunday morning in southwest suburban Palos Hills.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With WomanA federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!