Tribune Co. emerged from a Chapter 11 restructuring Monday, more than four years after the media company sought bankruptcy protection.
DirecTV subscribers in 19 U.S. markets have regained access to a host of channels that had been blacked out since Sunday because of a contract impasse with Tribune Broadcasting.
More job cuts are coming at the Chicago Tribune.
Real estate mogul Sam Zell is reportedly paying $95 million to buy the Elysian Hotel in the Gold Coast.
The Tribune Company bankruptcy case remains unsettled, after a federal judge rejected the latest plans.
Job cuts are coming to the Tribune Company as a result of a major reorganization.
Former Chicago Tribune chief executive officer Randy Michaels is reportedly set to buy two high-profile local FM radio stations, on the heels of a new book that exposes some raunchy tales about Michaels’ conduct in Tribune Tower.
Los Angeles Times publisher Eddy Harnstein has been named the new chief executive officer of the Triune Company.
A two-week hearing begins Monday to determine the fate of Tribune Company.
A published report says the Tribune Company tried to keep some of its own internal politics secret in its ongoing bankruptcy case.
A Delaware bankruptcy judge has approved a multimillion-dollar bonus plan for hundreds of Tribune Co. employees after the company agreed to exclude five top executives.
The Tribune Company is asking a Delaware bankruptcy judge to approve up to $43 million in bonuses for top executives and managers this year.
A group of creditors angling to get more money out of Tribune Co.’s bankruptcy case is alleging that greed and misconduct of the media company’s lenders, advisers and own leaders led to its financial downfall.
Tribune Co., struggling to get out of bankruptcy protection, faces a new round of challenges from creditors unhappy with the media company’s latest plan to restructure its business.
Tribune Co. CEO Randy Michaels resigned Friday amid tales of raunchy behavior as the company looked to shift attention back to its efforts to emerge from bankruptcy protection.
It would be culmination of controversies including assertions he fostered “frat house atmosphere” at the Tribune Tower.
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.247
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!