The Super Bowl pulled in solid ratings for CBS in Chicago on Sunday.
The early returns are in and, according to the Neilson rating company, the Democrats beat the Republicans… and the NFL.
The Miami Heat won the series and plenty of TV viewers in the Eastern Conference finals.
If it hasn’t dawned on you yet, the NFL lockout is impacting fans. How do I know this? Commissioner Roger Goodell said so on Wednesday in Indianapolis. Thanks for keeping us in the loop Roger.
In what Commissioner Gary Bettman is calling the most significant deal in league history, the NHL agreed to a contract that will keep them on NBC and Versus for the next 10 years.
For the first time in the history of the NCAA Tournament, every single game will be nationally televised, and it seems like the new format is giving fans exactly what they want to see.
Despite there being plenty of controversy surrounding the NCAA Tournament selections and seedings, the ratings the for the Selection Show tied a sixteen-year low for CBS on Sunday evening.
The Chicago Bulls’ 85-77 win over the New Orleans Hornets wasn’t the team’s biggest or most impressive win of the season, but it did set ratings record for Comcast SportsNet, who televised the game.
Plenty of buzz followed the Chicago Bulls’ 87-86 win over the Miami Heat on Sunday. There was the crying incident and the fact that the Bulls swept the Heat in their season series.
The National Anthem may have been sung wrong. The first half wasn’t the most exciting half of football. The half time show was a bit of a disappointment.
The NFL’s Pro Bowl may have found it’s permanent home on the Sunday before the Super Bowl.
The NFL’s regular season was full of TV ratings that shattered former records. And it appears as if those records will continue to fall now that we’ve reached the playoffs.
Every next story about TV ratings for the NFL is full of so many new records and superlatives that it’s hard to keep track of which network is doing boffo numbers with which games.
The Bears have played in some of the highest rated games this season. But the Bears-Jets game on Sunday, was the biggest in 13-seasons for CBS.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!