Carlos Quentin hit two home runs and had four RBIs, Mark Buehrle was sharp after a rough first inning, and the Chicago White Sox beat the Minnesota Twins 5-3 on Friday night to snap a six-game losing streak.
The Minnesota Twins are 6-0 against the White Sox this season, have won nine straight in the series going back to last year and are 28-6 in the past 34 games between the two AL Central foes.
You have to give some credit to the White Sox for creativity. At least they find different ways to lose to the Minnesota Twins.
I wish I knew which train was carrying the dirty bomb. Trust me, I’d have told you. Nuclear launch codes? Sure. Um…Tango, Echo, five, seven, Foxtrot, seven, niner? No? Can I try again?
Mark Buehrle gave up just three hits over seven innings, but was out-dueled by Minnesota’s Nick Blackburn as the White Sox lost to the Twins 1-0 on Thursday.
The Chicago White Sox and the Minnesota Twins were supposed to compete for the AL Central title, after rough starts for both teams, the White Sox have been able to climb up the standings, but it’s not the same case with the Twins.
Former Minnesota Twin and baseball Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew has died at his home in Scottsdale, Ariz., after battling esophageal cancer. He was 74.
Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew was diagnosed with esophageal cancer back in December. On Friday, he announced that has settled in for the final days of his life saddening friends and fans of the former Minnesota Twin.
After being swept by their division rival, the White Sox fell into last place in the AL Central division and have an abysmal 11-21 record. But the team isn’t making any excuses for their disappointing season.
The only proper way to render what that was last night would be to have it painted in oil by Bruegel the Elder and hung in the Prado.
The Chicago White Sox have a half-game lead over the Minnesota Twins, but it’s not for first place in the division like many expected it would be before the season started.
Before the season started, the Chicago White Sox and the Minnesota Twins were expected to battle for the AL Central title, but now they’re battling to stay out of the last place in the division.
There is no way to judge a baseball team after four games, but when glaring problems that have haunted a franchise for several seasons resurface, two words come to mind: uh-oh!
The Chicago White Sox’s opening day is quickly approaching. On Friday they’ll start their campaign to win the AL Central, and they might be the best of the three top teams in the division.
There was a time over the offseason that it looked as if Paul Konerko would be playing the 2011 season away from the Chicago White Sox.
Jesse Crain may not have been the Chicago White Sox offseason move that garnered the most headlines, but he might be as important as the rest of them.
The White Sox will have to deal with former player Jim Thome playing for the rival Minnesota Twins for at least one more season.
Harmon Killebrew announced today, via a statement released by the Minnesota Twins that he has been diagnosed with esophageal cancer.
The Hitchcock girls were just out for a run Wednesday morning.
Further evidence that Ken Williams doesn’t mess around when it comes to adding to the on-the-field product was offered up by newly-signed White Sox reliever Jesse Crain on Monday.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!