Alexei Ramirez’s seventh-inning single broke the game’s final tie and led Chicago to a 5-4 win over the Cleveland Indians on Tuesday night, giving the White Sox a split of the day-night doubleheader.
Poor pitching and a lack of clutch hitting kept the Chicago White Sox reeling on Saturday night. The White Sox dropped their seventh straight game, a 10-3 loss to the Royals.
Justin Verlander took a shutout into the eighth inning and the Detroit Tigers expanded their AL Central lead over Chicago with an 8-1 win over the White Sox on Friday night.
A.J. Pierzynski is set to come off the disabled list Friday in Detroit, but there’s a chance he might have to fight to regain his starting job.
Juan Pierre’s game-ending single in the 14th inning capped a wild, five-hour marathon as the Chicago White Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 8-7 on Tuesday night.
The White Sox placed A.J. Pierzynski on the disabled list Tuesday with a fractured left wrist and purchased the contract of catcher Donny Lucy from Triple-A Charlotte.
Adam Dunn will sit tonight as the White Sox take on lefty Danny Duffy in Kansas City. Dunn is just 2-for-64 against lefties this season and only has 15 hits in his last 120 at-bats (.120).
Adam Hoge answers your questions about the White Sox as they continue to try to stay afloat in the sub-par American League Central Division.
For the first time since last August the White Sox finally beat the Twins. Their 4-3 come from behind victory snapped a 9 game skid to Minnesota and they did it with 2 out hits.
Before the Chicago White Sox took the field against the Seattle Mariners, the team made nine roster moves, sending players to Class AAA and minor-league camp.
Carlos Quentin had four hits, including a homer, and drove in four runs Friday to power the Chicago White Sox to an 18-1 rout of the Oakland Athletics.
Spring training has a habit of dragging on and becoming redundant at points, but there are always some exciting elements for a team’s coaching and front office staff.
No stranger to chasing down his white whales, Ken Williams harpooned his latest one on Thursday. And it’s a doozy.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports both the White Sox and Cubs could make plays to sign free agent first baseman Paul Konerko.
The Sox/Indians brunchtimer means Laurence Holmes and I will join you after the postgame show, ready to discuss the performance of Manny Ramirez. He is in today’s lineup, batting 5th as the DH. (Perhaps he […]
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4780
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!